Indesign INDD to Photoshop PNG

dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in Finishing School
Ok, I am looking for some advice.

I'm trying to take an Indesign file with black text on a white background, and turn it into a Photoshop PNG. So, essentially, I just want to "delete the white background" - which I know you can't do.

Any suggestions for how to make this happen? I can't seem to "copy and paste" the text from Indesign to Photoshop without losing some serious resolution...

Any thoughts? Any ideas?

Thanks...
Matt Dudley
Matt Dudley Photography
Nashville child photographer
Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Use InDesign's File-Export command. You can send it to PDF and JPEG. PDF you can rasterize in Photoshop at the res you want. JPEG you set the res upon export from InDesign.

If you set it to export at a later version of PDF, transparency should be supported. Watch the settings in both the ID export and PS open dialogs to make sure you get what you want. I am not sure you even need to try JPEG as the format does not support transparency.

Copy and Paste is not recommended because formats get lost moving through the system clipboard. Use a robust file format.
  • dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Thanks, that did the trick.
    I had to really play with the PDF settings to get the colors right, but I think I've got it now. Thanks again for the help!

clap.gif
    Matt Dudley
    Matt Dudley Photography
    Nashville child photographer
    Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
    Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography