The moon & Jupiter

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Good Evening Folks,
I was testing my Bigma :D and Sigma APO EX DG 1.4x tc last night in the upper atmosphere :wink Here's a couple of shots from the late night shoot. Both pics were taken at 700mm. I sold this lens last year, and missed it ever since :cry I was on that 'other forum' last month and saw a Sigma 50-500mm lens for sale. After looking at the sellers name, I realized that was the person who bought my Bigma :D To make a long story short, I bought the lens back, and she included the 1.4x tc. This is a love - hate relationship. I love the IQ, but hate the weight of the beast. It's not something you want to hang around your neck all day unless you play pro football :rofl
Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Jupiter...
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Jim, your effort on Earths moon is definitely nice and sharp. Nice work there
    for certain. Jupiter and its moons is also a really nice try. Not an easy target.
    But you did well on the chore. thumb.gif
    Michael
    edited August 26, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Jim, your effort on Earths moon is definitely nice and sharp. Nice work there
    for certain. Jupiter and its moons is also a really nice try. Not an easy target.
    But you did well on the chore. thumb.gif
    Good Evening D'O & thank you for the comment thumb.gif
    I was impressed with those pictures myself. I have a few shots with da Bigma :D taken at a local pond of just frogs and lily pads, and the detail is very good. I'll post some of those pics later.
    Thanks again thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Very good work! The Moon is surprisingly hard to get right, and Jupiter, well I won't comment on that. (You suck!) :D

I came close to that shooting parfocal through my telescope with my old camera, now I'm wanting to try with the Canon.
    edited August 27, 2009
    SKnight wrote:
    Very good work! The Moon is surprisingly hard to get right, and Jupiter, well I won't comment on that. (You suck!) :D

I came close to that shooting parfocal through my telescope with my old camera, now I'm wanting to try with the Canon.

Good Morning SK and thank you thumb.gif
    I'm looking forward to reshooting Saturn in the upcoming weeks, depending on when it's visible. I won't be up shooting at 3:00am, that's for sure rolleyes1.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I hope you don't mind.

Sam
    edited August 27, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    I hope you don't mind.

Sam
    Morning Sam,
    I don't mind at all thumb.gif It's basically sharpened, and that's it. I don't normally edit those kinds of pictures, but a little contrast is what it needed. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Really good photos Jim thumb.gif

As for the gettin' up at 3AM -- send the Bigma to me and I'll get up at 3AM to take the photo for you rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 27, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Really good photos Jim thumb.gif

As for the gettin' up at 3AM -- send the Bigma to me and I'll get up at 3AM to take the photo for you rolleyes1.gif
    Good Afternoon MK,
    You know I would, but if you got a hernia from lifting it off the table, I could never forgive myself :cry
    Talk to you later thumb.gif
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Do/Have you used photo stacking software? If not, you might try that with the Jupiter pictures. I have seen good results with that. Very nice shot of the moon.
    edited September 1, 2009
    kwcrow wrote:
    Do/Have you used photo stacking software? If not, you might try that with the Jupiter pictures. I have seen good results with that. Very nice shot of the moon.
    Good Evening and thank you thumb.gif
    No, I have not used stacking software, but thanks for the idea mwink.gif
    Jim...