Wanted to introduce myself.

PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in People
Sorry for the interuption but I just wanted to take a moment to intro myself and didn't see a designated place for it. I primarilly shoot portraits, but dabble a little bit into everything else, as time allows. Yall feel free to move this if need be.

KAW.
Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    Sorry for the interuption but I just wanted to take a moment to intro myself and didn't see a designated place for it. I primarilly shoot portraits, but dabble a little bit into everything else, as time allows. Yall feel free to move this if need be.

KAW.

Nice to meet you! Welcome. Can't wait to see your work.

Caroline
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Hello! Hope to see your work soon! :D
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Welcome.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Welcome.
    Thank you all. I am not overly familiar with the way forum projects and contests work, but I plan to do a little reading on these in the near future and see if I have anything to contribute.

I shoot a lot of pretty women, but my first passion is high contrast B&W shots of wrinkled, and tattered old people.

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    Thank you all. I am not overly familiar with the way forum projects and contests work, but I plan to do a little reading on these in the near future and see if I have anything to contribute.

I shoot a lot of pretty women, but my first passion is high contrast B&W shots of wrinkled, and tattered old people.
    Welcome to DGrin! Nothing wrong with either of those directions as far as I'm concerned. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 27, 2009
    PhotosbyKW wrote:

Welcome. wave.gif Post a few. deal.gif
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome to dgrinwave.gif

What camera do you use?

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome...
    I checked out your smugmug site. There are some great shots there!
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome :) What gear is in your arsenal?
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    welcome!!! Can't wait to get to know you and your work!!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
    edited August 27, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    Welcome :) What gear is in your arsenal?

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, my backup Canon XTi is now my only functioning camera (digital just doesn't swim well...) but it does what it needs to do. Other gear includes 24-105, and 85mm 1.8, and 70-200mm f4IS, 580EXII flash, and 430EX, umbrellas, pod, modified Cameraflip bracket, and reflectors. I like to shoot natural light when I can though. Gear wise, I'm not sitting too shabby. To be self critical, my drawback is that I am not comfy with post processing on a computer. I just haven't that knack, and so I have all camera settings turned off and I tend to compose and shoot like still with film and only post process the basics like contrast, levels, and sharpness.

Great for recording what is there, but those fantasy shots with the fantastic colars and such are a bit beyone my current capabilities.

I hope to one day have the 5DMKII, with the 50mm 1.4, and just dedicate it for lower light stuff. That would make weddings a breeze.

I also still play with film from time to time. I still have my Nikon F3HP, N2000, and lenses for those.

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome and looking forward to seeing some shots!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome to dgrin! Nice avatar. Looking forward to checking out your stuff...even though you are a Canon :D
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Welcome to dgrin! Nice avatar. Looking forward to checking out your stuff...even though you are a Canon :D

OUCH Sandy..... now you know Canon is king right? lol j/k both Nikon and Canon have excellent equipment..... buuuuutttt Canon is a tad bit sweeter think :) *jab jab, poke poke* rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited August 27, 2009
    OK, well then- I've started loaded a few. Some are better than others, but they are what I have handy.