Help in Sales

ladykassieladykassie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited August 27, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have been here for a year.. and the only sales I have made was from my client photography..
I think I have a semi good portfoilo and a good variety of galleries..and my prices are low and affordable, how can I get sales coming my way..
any help, suggestion would be so much appreciated..

~alice
" The world is not always a beautiful place; it's how you envision it to become beautiful." ~alice

http://vision-vault.com/

Comments

• bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Not sure how to answer that. My sales come from my clients. I've sold about $50 worth of landscapes since I've been a SmugMug member.

Best way to get sales is to drive traffic to your website and establish a presence. You don't even have your site in your sig. How do you expect people to buy from you if they can't even find you?

If you're expecting to make a decent amount of money from fine art sales solely from your site, I hate to dash your hopes, but it just won't happen.
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I agree. No site in and of itself is going to magically begin to make money for its owner. Smugmug and Dgrin consistently show very high in online searches, so adding your business name in your signature will help. Posting more often here will also help.

The largest factor will be your marketing. If your prints are good, get some printed and then hang them in area businesses with a short bio and contact information. Submit some to various juried competitions for gallery consideration.

Get your name recognizable in your local community. While random sales will happen here and there, the vast majority of photographers make their money from their services.
    Steve

Website
  • ladykassieladykassie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Thank you for all the advice..
    edited my sig ;0)

~alice
    " The world is not always a beautiful place; it's how you envision it to become beautiful." ~alice

http://vision-vault.com/