Erruption and Beauty

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Landscapes
Love how the clouds were formed here. It adds contrast to the still waters using long exposure settings. Shot in Color then direct convert to Monochrome then experimented on some photo filters. Thanks for looking!:)
E R R U P T I O N
ISO 50 l 17mm l f22 l 20" l ND8
3862234064_7ff1b8a51a_b.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Composition is great! thumb.gif I'm not too crazy about the toning here, and the bright spots in the sky are a little distracting. I might have gone for cooler rather than warmer toning.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Composition is great! thumb.gif I'm not too crazy about the toning here, and the bright spots in the sky are a little distracting. I might have gone for cooler rather than warmer toning.

hi thapamd, was inspired by a wallpaper of batman the movie and tried to achieve the sepia/warm effect. the bright spots are the reason why I called this one err-uptionrolleyes1.gif
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Nice composition. I'm OK with the color, but I have to agree about the bright spots in the sky--I find them a bit distracting. But, you were going for a particular look and you achieved it--that counts for a lot! :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 28, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Nice composition. I'm OK with the color, but I have to agree about the bright spots in the sky--I find them a bit distracting. But, you were going for a particular look and you achieved it--that counts for a lot! :D

Lauren

hi thanks for the comments. cheers!thumb.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    This is quite a photo. I do like the effect you achieved with the bright sky. It draws my eyes to them and then to the clouds that seem to emanate from those areas. It keeps pulling away my eyes from the serene scene below with the smooth waters and the boat.
    edited August 28, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    This is quite a photo. I do like the effect you achieved with the bright sky. It draws my eyes to them and then to the clouds that seem to emanate from those areas. It keeps pulling away my eyes from the serene scene below with the smooth waters and the boat.

exactly thanks rainbow.. its like a portal or something! ne_nau.gif its a treat for the eyes the clouds.. when your done with it go down just a little and enjoy the water and foreground boat..iloveyou.gif