Self Portrait.

PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in People
Improvised lighting. Standing in the doorway of a barn with window covered by my jacket. I like it.[IMG][/img]08Keith-04.jpg
Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com

Comments

• FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I like the composition, but I'm not liking the enhancement you did to the background? Looks like burning, but can't tell headscratch.gif I think the darkness of the barn itself would lend well to a dim background
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I think the composition and lighting is very nice in this shot. It's looks incredibly soft to me, though. Am I seeing things?
    Travis
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I think this one is soft. Also agree that I'd like a little more detail in the darks. I can barely make out some sort of head-covering, but not quite. Like the light on his face, and it has a nice dropoff around him.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    It was a black benie. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think that I just added another layer and decreased the lighting. That may account for the softness. The focus should have been pretty close as I had a board stuck in the ground to focus on, and then just kicked it over. Could that extra layer have done that?

• PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    FWIW- I had a flash pointed at my face with a cardboard snoot around it for a spotlight effect.

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Depending on your aperture, you may only need to be +/- of that board by a fraction of an inch to be out of focus. What is the reset of the EXIF info on the image?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site