Stacey (Reflection).

PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in People
I like this one but actually think I'd have liked it better with the opposite one being the color one. This was outside a club downtown that we'd planned to shoot in. Day manager wouldn't allow it, so we made the most of the situation.[IMG][/img]Stacey-34WEB.jpg
Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    This is a pretty cool shot but I could do without the selective color. There are very few instances when it might add to an image and I don't think this is one of them. I'd much prefer to see the entire thing in B&W. I dig the composition, though. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    OK, thanks. I still have the original.

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    I like this one but actually think I'd have liked it better with the opposite one being the color one. This was outside a club downtown that we'd planned to shoot in. Day manager wouldn't allow it, so we made the most of the situation.[IMG][/img]Stacey-34WEB.jpg

It strikes me you've got two issues here - the first is the color/bw reflection, which doesn't work for me as I don't see any point in it. The second is that the closer image makes her jaw quite prominent, which you probably don't want - compare it in the two images. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    OK, thanks. I don't know if there was ever a definitive point to it, other than I thought it would look different. OK, thanks.

On the split color issue- I'm getting that feedback a lot. Guess that was a bad idea.
    On the closer image/jaw part- Would that have been better to use shallower depth and concentrate on the mirrored image?

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    OK, thanks. I don't know if there was ever a definitive point to it, other than I thought it would look different. OK, thanks.

On the split color issue- I'm getting that feedback a lot. Guess that was a bad idea.
    On the closer image/jaw part- Would that have been better to use shallower depth and concentrate on the mirrored image?

Really not, because she'd still have a prominent jaw, albeit out of focus. I think the solution here would be to shoot her at an angle that doesn't emphasis the jaw. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed