Jaws

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Went to the Niagara Falls Aquarium (unofficial motto: we hate photography!) and managed to get only a handful of decent pictures. Dungeon-like lighting + strict no-flash photography = :cry

But I like how this guy turned out:

628265081_w3MKm-L.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Actually, not a bad job, sorta cool the way the shark jumps out from the dark. But It does seem a bit blurry to me. There's also a reflection or something greenish right on his nose.

What shutter speed and ISO were you using?
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Actually, not a bad job, sorta cool the way the shark jumps out from the dark. But It does seem a bit blurry to me. There's also a reflection or something greenish right on his nose.

What shutter speed and ISO were you using?

Green light is likely a reflection from aquarium glass. ISO 3200, f/6.7, handheld with SR at 1/20. I've zoomed in on the teeth, they look sharp to me!
    edited August 28, 2009
    The eye seems blurry to me, but it might just be the taxidermy. The teeth do look "sharp" to me too.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    There's probably some blur ... this is called "making the best of a bad (photographic) situation. The good news is that I eventually wised up and put my 50mm f/1.7 manual lens on, and captured this:

628270855_MCUR3-L.jpg
    edited August 28, 2009
    that's a good shot. I was thinking that 6.7 was really slow, and I was feeling quite sorry for you showing up to a bazooka fight with a cap gun. But then I see you brought out the Redeemer.

Nice shot, I like it.