Cars and more cars.

SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here are some shots I took at a Concourse here in Dallas a few months ago. As the cars were pretty close and there were a lot of people, I have a lot of shots where I was not able to get the whole car in the frame.

All photos: Nikon D90 with kit 18-125 lens.

564693624_jynvi-L.jpg

564693788_Nj5qW-L.jpg

564694755_UVPNp-L.jpg

564694045_2D5HT-L.jpg

564696756_3QEVG-L.jpg

564698832_FKiit-L.jpg

564700149_Un43E-L.jpg

564700487_dsHHK-L.jpg

564701145_TQkBL-L.jpg

564701317_KjZaM-L.jpg

564701849_mK6Qh-L.jpg

565563700_E6YKG-L.jpg
Chip

ad astra per aspera

Comments

• SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I like those brakes. Probably costs more than my car!

565562397_kTv4N-XL.jpg
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
    edited August 28, 2009
    40some views and no reply Laughing.gif!!

don't make me change the title to "Jessica Nude Portrait" rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    I know that's gonna get hits. clap.gifclapclap.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Hey Chip,

Nice cars, nice shots.

#6 the Corvette grill gets my favorite vote. That's a really nice composition thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited August 28, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Chip,

Nice cars, nice shots.

#6 the Corvette grill gets my favorite vote. That's a really nice composition thumb.gif

Thank You Randy.

I have a lot of grills and mascot shots but I did not know if anybody else would care for those. Most people I know want to see the whole car.
    Personally, since most people do try to shoot the whole car, I tried to be different and show some different angles.
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    SLRdude wrote:
    Thank You Randy.

I have a lot of grills and mascot shots but I did not know if anybody else would care for those. Most people I know want to see the whole car.
    Personally, since most people do try to shoot the whole car, I tried to be different and show some different angles.

Chip,

I do like detail shots, but that's not what I'm referring to here. I'm talking about good composition, leveraged by appropriate DOF to move the eye across an image in the manner that you intend.

It's one thing to take a good image, quite another to successfully guide another viewers eyes in a path that you design by the above factors.

When you employ those methods with those goals in advance, you'll see that your images have more impact for viewers.

Of course, YMMV
    Randy
    edited August 28, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Chip,

I do like detail shots, but that's not what I'm referring to here. I'm talking about good composition, leveraged by appropriate DOF to move the eye across an image in the manner that you intend.

It's one thing to take a good image, quite another to successfully guide another viewers eyes in a path that you design by the above factors.

When you employ those methods with those goals in advance, you'll see that your images have more impact for viewers.

Of course, YMMV

Randy, I understood what you were saying and I really appreciate the positive feedback. thumb.gif

I always try do do that, but I do not always succeed. It's one of the areas where I still need the most improvement.
    Chip

ad astra per aspera