Options

#32 Topsy Turvy World

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Trying again. Is this theme worthy?

3863054618_f06c32f8c4_o.jpg
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    LOVE the colors, this is a great idea. I think technically this is a really great shot, and IMO this could be submitted to the gallery as is. thumb.gif Nicely done.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2009
    Thank you :)
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    MrsCue wrote:
    Trying again. Is this theme worthy?

it's very very good, i would use the same concept, but a different background
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    it's very very good, i would use the same concept, but a different background

15524779-Ti.gif

It is very good, much more unique than the CD, I think. I agree with Pyro - maybe even zoom in a little closer on the globle. It would be neat to see the glass etching a little closer with whatever backgrounds you choose to play with. The blue works wonderfully, IMO.

Good job! clap.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Very good idea and well done photo - however, I agree that you should play with the crop so the
    image will emphasize more the globe with the "different perspective" inside, rather than the background.

- You may also consider a re-shoot from a different angle headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Hello,

I really like your photo, I think it's great and fits the challenge well. For me though, I think your photo would have more impact if you closed the camera-to-subject distance, kept the image in the glass ball sharp and the house in the BG more OOF than it is. Would it be possible to compose to have the house more in the middle of the globe instead of so much sky?

Also, I find the reflection in the base a bit distracting. :)

My two cents.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Cool thanks guys thumb.gif

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 29, 2009
    ...also be sure your reflection in the base doesn't show. Super idea though! I do like the colors in this one.thumb.gif
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    ...also be sure your reflection in the base doesn't show. Super idea though! I do like the colors in this one.thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif... the reflection distracts. I would clone it out with the darker color that is already there, this would help the base to ground the globe. I do like the clouds, nice touch.

Kat