Relax, Will Ya?

sry407sry407 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited August 28, 2009 in People
So went on vacation to GardaLand, which is the Italians version of DisneyWorld/Land. Anyways, had a great time despite the heat, and walked away with a few pics I was really happy with.

As always, C & C is always welcomed (gotta improve somehow). Hope you enjoy, and the whole series from the blog can be seen here...

621388848_cWu7r-L.jpg

621386214_dAFXz-L.jpg

3. My Favorite...
621385843_4uYwS-L.jpg

4. Cheeks!!!!!
621386044_i4Q5S-L.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    thumb.gif I really like 1 and 3.

1 works for me as the sense of scale is present, and also, only your daughter is in the picture. (well, the couple on the bench is there, but they don't really jump out now, do they?) Now, since the shot is not PJ, I might consider cloning out the shadows on the right and left. Otherwise, great shot! I think this is my favorite.

3's good but I'm not sure what to make of the door. I'm sure you'll be seeing a shot similar to this one in about 20 something years though.mwink.gif Nice treatment.

2 has nice colors, but somehow doesn't quite do it for me. I don't know, maybe I'd like closer to the subject faces some how. Tall order I know. I think the man in blue is too distracting.

I'm not a big fan of 4. Its cute, the PP is nice, and good title, but I think there's too much other stuff in the background. I'd like it to have been simpler, without all the peole (leave the people in the costumes of course.) I noticed that I like a bit more a square crop, as when I was using the scroll wheel, I rather liked it when the upper windows are cropped out. You seem to explore every possible PP option, but have your tried that?

Good series though!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    I like 3 best, and 4 second. I'm a bit mixed on 4, and I agree that the square crop would help since those windows don't add anything. I'm okay with the couple of girls walking by. The little one is transfixed on the people on costume and others don't even notice... it makes a nice contrast. It wouldn't be a hang-able pic, but a good story pic. 3 could have some coveted wall space. 1 is cute and show the scale. I do like how almost no one else is anywhere in sight.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site