Nice shot clap.gif

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Nice! I can't remember, are you shooting with B/W film or are you converting in post?

I just love that grain. Your style is really growing on me! thumb.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Your style is really growing on me! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif You really do have a particular style and your self portrait is a perfect example of this style, very fitting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Nice! I can't remember, are you shooting with B/W film or are you converting in post? I just love that grain. Your style is really growing on me!
    You really do have a particular style and your self portrait is a perfect example of this style, very fitting.

If it's a B&W shot, it's almost always shot in B&W. However, this one might be an exception, it was awhile ago and I don't remember. But B&w film is my way - I don't know that much about conversions and I always like the film medium for B&W. I think this was shot at a high ASA, if it was color and then converted it would have been 800. If B&W film, likely that 3200 ASA used in some shots I posted.

Far as style, I'm not aware of any, unless you mean both mean the grainy film shot a lot of times. More than that, I think if one does have a style, it comes to light when others see it. Of course, some folks work in a conscious style, but not me. Whatever it may be aside from using grainy film is unconscious.

How's NYC Lizzard? I teach during the academic year outside of New York though back and forth a lot. Miss it...

Thanks to all about the Self-Portrait. I've got a number of them, some real whoosies, I'll post sometime.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    gvf wrote:
    How's NYC Lizzard? I teach during the academic year outside of New York though back and forth a lot. Miss it...

I'm in the midst of my love/hate relationship with the city. But today it's perfect, a little cool, rainy, dreary, pretty perfect, plus everyone is away from the city so the train's are not crowded which makes me very happy.

I do notice so many of your shots are taken in the city so I always enjoy them that much more. And yes, you definately have your own style, it's that grainy b&w look, very cool.

I tried to pull that look last night, shot the city for the landscapes mini challenge 81-shot it from Queens--you should see how it looks nestled between beautiful color panos and tiltshift images--looks so dreary in comparison--just the way I like it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    looks so dreary in comparison--just the way I like it.

Cheers to dreariness!