Alaskan Beauty

thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Landscapes
One more of my eagle landscapes. I was very pleased with the dynamic range here. The eagle and FG branches were completely in shadows and the distant mountains had some light on them. I hope you enjoy viewing the image as much as I enjoyed taking it! :D

632195905_Td8p2-XL.jpg
Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Those snow-covered ridges make a great backdrop for the eagle. Beautiful shot.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Mahesh, this is one of the best Eagle photos I have seen. I really like the majestic mountains in the background. Very nice picture. I love Eagles and have never gotten a good shot of one yet.
    As a side note, I would love to go to Alaska someday. It is a beautiful place. My nephew spent a summer up there a couple of years ago flying his Piper Cub around and taking pictures. Unfortunately, he went back up there last summer and planned to do the same, but crashed his plane taking pictures of a whale skeleton on one of the beaches there. THis is a link to some of the pics he took in a Blog that he did while in Alaska.
    http://shaunlunt.typepad.com/

Great picture Mahesh!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Excellent shot!

The background mountains makes the eagle seem more majestic as it gives the impression that this is its territory. I bet it can spot a .0001 pixel size mouse on the opposite slope...
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    WOW!! Another gorgeous photograph. What a setting. I think I need to take a trip that direction sometime. The scerary is stunning and you have done an excellent job capturing it.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Another lovely eagle/landscape hybrid (to borrow your own term for them), but I prefer the one you've titled 'cold shoulder'.
  • Lasting LightLasting Light Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    A magnificent background for the eagle, a stunning enviromental shot.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Mahesh, another truly great shot! thumb.gif

As good of a background as those mountains are, I think it's even better that there's fog/mist obscuring the trees and mountains behind the branches. That area could have easily become too busy and distracting if it wasn't for that fog. Wonderfully composed, sir! clap.gif

You're right to be happy about the dynamic range. I would have likely ended with a pure black silhouette against a pure white background! rolleyes1.gif
    Is this a shot from your Canon? Or the Sony?
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos