.: Storyboards :.

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in People
I switched from making sports posters to designing storyboards. These two are my first attempt. Each one design from scratch in PSCS4. I would like your C&C.

Thanks

16x20_SB.jpg

20x10_SB.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    storyboard ( ) n. A panel or series of panels of rough sketches outlining the scene sequence and major changes of action or plot in a production to be.

I'm not sure that your shots fit the definition that I was thiking of when you say storyboard.

I'm sure they will be a big hit the customers, though.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Looks great and who cares if it doesn't fit the definition of a storyboard to a "T". I'm sure you put a fair amount of hard work into it and it shows. Great job.
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    storyboard ( ) n. A panel or series of panels of rough sketches outlining the scene sequence and major changes of action or plot in a production to be.

I'm not sure that your shots fit the definition that I was thiking of when you say storyboard.

I'm sure pulling out a dictionary is no more necessary than critiquing the spelling and grammer in a reply. thumb.gif

I dig the photos, sonny_c. These should be a great success!
    Travis
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    I like them, very nicely done clap.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Like the idea, and well executed. I don't think storyboard is really the right name since it does imply some sort of progression, but that is semantics and you can keep the naming in your catalog or come up with some other name. They are more structured than a montage, and I think "Scrapbook Page" probably wouldn't sell so well.

In terms of the pictures themselves, they seem well done. The ones of the young man are very nice. I'm not keen on the center one, but it is still well done. The young lady is also well done, though I think the shadows are pretty huge in two of them.

Nice work and great 'packaging' for final product.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009

Uh, story...boards...they're meant to look like photos on boards. Get it? rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Uh, story...boards...they're meant to look like photos on boards. Get it? rolleyes1.gif

But its not much of a story. There's no clear beginning, conflict or climax, or resolution. Just a few nice photos on a well done board.

Maybe call it a photoboard?
  • sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    ne_nau.gif what to say, so I changed the title to Collages.

For those of you that comment on my "collages", thank you! I appreciate the input. thumb.gif
    edited August 31, 2009
    sonny_c wrote:

For those of you that comment on my "collages", thank you! I appreciate the input. thumb.gif

Well, actually I looked up the definition of "collage" and. . . just kidding.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    sonny_c wrote:

Don't change a thing. Calling them story boards is a great play on words.

This reminds me of my reporting days and the people retired elementary school teachers who would read the newspaper not for news or information, but looking for typos. You could write a 4,000 word story about some previously uncovered social issue, and they'd call to tell you that you'd misplaced a comma in the 179th paragraph. You wanted to tell them, at the least, to "get a life," but politeness and the editor forbid it. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Lol
    Well, actually I looked up the definition of "collage" and. . . just kidding.

Tee,hee....that's actually really funny! Seriously though, Sunny C they look great and should be a real hit....I like them. thumb.gif
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    i really like this... i've been wanting to try it... im definatly inpired.
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar