DSS32 Germ of an idea

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have a couple of ideas along this theme, not necessarily a screen shot like this, but of this ilk; some ideas are people, others are objects. It is a play on the title of the theme, but seems like a stretch on the description. Should I go back to the drawing board and look for funky angles/lighting, or continue down this idea of 'differing perspectives'.

20090826-760.jpg
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I have a couple of ideas along this theme, not necessarily a screen shot like this, but of this ilk; some ideas are people, others are objects. It is a play on the title of the theme, but seems like a stretch on the description. Should I go back to the drawing board and look for funky angles/lighting, or continue down this idea of 'differing perspectives'.

20090826-760.jpg

I vote for drawing board.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    I vote for drawing board.

Thanks. I guess when you have to ask, you generally already know the answer. The people version was two options, one was my kid in her overalls and cowboy (cowgirl) hat and the neighbor girl in all of her frilly princess stuff. Alternatively, I was hoping that I'd find a great setup downtown of street-artist vs. suited businessman/woman.

I'll explore some ideas along this sort of theme....

20090818-245.jpg

Thanks for stopping me from spending too much time on a non-starter.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited August 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Thanks. I guess when you have to ask, you generally already know the answer. Thanks for stopping me from spending too much time on a non-starter.

:D My pleasure, I like your second idea though.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 28, 2009
    :D My pleasure, I like your second idea though.

Thanks. Needs some work and a reshoot, but this is all my own stuff so I have leisure to do it.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:

This would be a very tough one to pull off. I had to read through your post a few times to figure out what it was you were aiming to do.

I say keep your original idea in mind, but explore others as well. :D
    edited August 28, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    This would be a very tough one to pull off. I had to read through your post a few times to figure out what it was you were aiming to do.

I say keep your original idea in mind, but explore others as well. :D

Thanks. I was sort of thinking about things around the idea of "Walking a Mile in Another's Shoes". But it seems that might just be a bit too far outside of the intent of the challenge, so I'm going to look around for some angles and lighting on traditional and non-traditional objects.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited August 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Thanks. I was sort of thinking about things around the idea of "Walking a Mile in Another's Shoes". But it seems that might just be a bit too far outside of the intent of the challenge, so I'm going to look around for some angles and lighting on traditional and non-traditional objects.

In my mind, I can just picture you in a pair of high heels trying to take a picture of your feet.....rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 28, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    In my mind, I can just picture you in a pair of high heels trying to take a picture of your feet.....rolleyes1.gif
    Have you cracked into my restricted gallery? rolleyes1.gif
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited August 28, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

I gotta tell you, I like this idea.
    I have an image of hairy male legs with feet crammed into red high heeled shoes with feet splayed at awkward angles---with that title "walking in somene else's shoes".

Seriouslymwink.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 28, 2009
    I gotta tell you, I like this idea.
    I have an image of hairy male legs with feet crammed into red high heeled shoes with feet splayed at awkward angles---with that title "walking in somene else's shoes".

Seriouslymwink.gif .

When she wrote that, something like this popped into my head. More of an aftermath idea of furry legs taking off the shoes. Though I think you guys get dibs on the idea.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 29, 2009
    usually the first one to exicute an idea and post it on the board gets to keep the idea...thus why i don't give too many of my ideas out before hand. The marbles are not bad...but need some wow factor.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I vote for the male legs and high heels--I think it could be an awesome image for this challenge!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 29, 2009
    I have a nice pair of red sandals with 2.5" heels that you can borrow....rolleyes1.gif