Wedding Day Prep Shoot Question....

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in People
I was approached by a Bride's sister to do a photoshoot of the wedding day preparation time for the 3 or 4 hours leading up to the wedding ceremony. The Bride has a photog for the actual ceremony and the sister wants to do this as a gift to her. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of setup (not the actual taking of the pictures) but the business aspect of pricing something like this as the vast majority of the shots are candids adn what type of end deliverable to the client (e.g. gallery to order prints, provide digital images as part of the shoot fee). Just curious.

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Do you have an hourly rate? I do birthday parties and other small events for an hourly rate and then they can buy prints or a disc.

Caroline
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I was approached by a Bride's sister to do a photoshoot of the wedding day preparation time for the 3 or 4 hours leading up to the wedding ceremony. The Bride has a photog for the actual ceremony and the sister wants to do this as a gift to her. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of setup (not the actual taking of the pictures) but the business aspect of pricing something like this as the vast majority of the shots are candids adn what type of end deliverable to the client (e.g. gallery to order prints, provide digital images as part of the shoot fee). Just curious.

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I would price it as the standard 3 hours event shoot.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Do you have an hourly rate? I do birthday parties and other small events for an hourly rate and then they can buy prints or a disc.

Caroline

Thanks for replying Caroline. I do have an hourly rate and that was the way I have been leaning something like (hourly rate * time on site + expenses). How would you price a "disk" purchase? per image or bulk?
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    I would price it as the standard 3 hours event shoot.

Thanks Qarik.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com