removing smugmug logo from sales?

ShowFocusShowFocus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Im in my trial and I have yet been able to find a way to have items blind shipped, is it possible? I would rather customize my site and have no mention of smugmug visible to clients on the site, nor in the packaging material they recieve containing their order. I have no desire for them to be able to see my actual cost, seems like bad business practice to me.
Thanks,

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Hello, they won' t see your cost. You can blind ship. Packaging has a sticker on it that says to email us if they have any questions (we've been handling pro customer support for million+ orders for years :)

welcome!
  • holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    can't they see your cost if they sign up for a smugmug account?

how does blind shipping work? everything i've ever gotten from smugmug has smugmug over the packaging.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:
    can't they see your cost if they sign up for a smugmug account?

They don't have to sign up for an account to see print prices - they can just go to the pricing page.

Just like they could go look at prices for just about any printer in the world or could go to your local printer and look at their price list.
    http://bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_standardsizes.htm
    http://www.shutterfly.com/prints-posters/prints

If you can't convince your customers that your images are worth more than just the price to print them you're going to have problems anyway. ne_nau.gif
    edited September 2, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    They don't have to sign up for an account to see print prices - they can just go to the pricing page.

Just like they could go look at prices for just about any printer in the world or could go to your local printer and look at their price list.

If you can't convince your customers that your images are worth more than just the price to print them you're going to have problems anyway. ne_nau.gif

Yes. People know what 4x6 and other common prints cost them at their drug store or processor.

They are buying what you, the pro, put on that paper :D
    edited September 2, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:
    how does blind shipping work? everything i've ever gotten from smugmug has smugmug over the packaging.
    Yes. You're paying for us to handle your customer service, too. So the sticker says email us if there's a problem.

We'll one day offer some new options in this arena, it's on the list.
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Smugmug's customer support is beyond excellent, and is part of what you're paying for. Take advantage! thumb.gif
  • David ManningDavid Manning Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Pupator wrote:

Show me the public link to Miller's pricing.
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Show me the public link to Miller's pricing.

Again, I agree with other posters here. I could really care less that my clients know my print costs. Again, if you can't convince your clients your work is worth what you charge then your business is in real trouble.

This is just one of the drawbacks of a company not fully dedicated to only professional photographers.

After all, have you ever paid a lawyer or accountant? How much does the paper cost that they write briefs, motions, contracts, or tax returns on? You don't pay one of those professionals for the cost of printing, you pay them for the content of what is on the product. Same with photography to a point. A small number of clients will be concerned about the quality of paper/printing and a very minor are interested in very fine art (which is why bay photo is on board). That not withstanding, the cost of printing shouldn't drive away business if your product is marketable
  • David ManningDavid Manning Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I don't sell paper either. I sell images. My 4x6 prices are the same as my 5x7 prices. I understand and employ the concept. I don't disagree with anything you've said here, but I still prefer hidden prices.

johng wrote:
    Again, I agree with other posters here. I could really care less that my clients know my print costs. Again, if you can't convince your clients your work is worth what you charge then your business is in real trouble.

This is just one of the drawbacks of a company not fully dedicated to only professional photographers.

After all, have you ever paid a lawyer or accountant? How much does the paper cost that they write briefs, motions, contracts, or tax returns on? You don't pay one of those professionals for the cost of printing, you pay them for the content of what is on the product. Same with photography to a point. A small number of clients will be concerned about the quality of paper/printing and a very minor are interested in very fine art (which is why bay photo is on board). That not withstanding, the cost of printing shouldn't drive away business if your product is marketable