A Faint Series!

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in Landscapes
These 2 images showing Mantayupan Falls the upper and lowerpart in a "faint" falling and flowing way.. Honest opinions guys, i may have some ideas already for CCs. For the sake of discussion, thanks for looking.:)
FALLING FAINTLY
ISO 50 l 17mm l f22 l 1" l CPL l HAND HELD
3867472934_c5ce5d58b1_b.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    FLOWING FAINTLY
    ISO 50 l 17mm l f22 l 2" l CPL l TRIPOD
    3867456020_612812f3fe_b.jpg
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    What a beautiful place. You always find great places to share with us -- or maybe you make ordinary places look great!

My CC for both is that there is not quite a strong enough center of interest. In the first, seems like it should be one of the waterfalls on the left. Especially the first one since it has the rocks and waterfall effect on the bottom. In the second, the rock and leaf in the foreground seem to want to grab my attention, but are not as interesting as what is behind them. It may be that the 2" exposure is smoothing the water flow a little too much, losing the sense of the water flowing to the left (I thought it was going right when I first looked at it). BTW, it is tough to view the second on my monitor as it does not all fit in the screen at once -- I don't know if this is my set up or if it happens from posting this size in portrait orientation).

Hope some of this is helpful. I feel funny offering CC when you post vastly superior photos to those I take. I am even in awe of how you can handhold the first shot for one second with such stellar results.
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    thanks rainbow for giving time. i appreciate your inputs, clap.gif actually im not impressed with this set also, because of the faint DR of the water and a lot of things in there that are a bit distracting. Second, is the lighting its a but harsh to me. Just posted this for conversation/ discussion sake. thumb.gif all the best!