Need a Sound Idea

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this photo make noise in your head? It was loud in person, but I'm not sure the photo captures it:

626662026_Dbx7t-L.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    NEVERMIND. Sorry. I shot this right before the challenge started.

With our second big storm in 2 weeks, I can probably reshoot something like this though. So I guess the question stands. Waves equal "sound?"
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I do hear the photo and I think it does work, but it has stronger messages. I really like it, and the b&W treatment works well to pull the sound out. It's composition is extremely centered on the figure, however, leading me to believe the image is about the figure, rather than the sound of the waves. Perhaps trying to crop out most of the sky or even the entire horizon will lead the viewer to be pulled more into the waves.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Oh, ok. Well, waves can equal sound if there is obvious power in the waves and the focus is on the waves. Seeing them "crashing" against rocks would definitely work.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    How about "crashing surf"? mwink.gif

I think you can do something with sound given those surroundings. Maybe you can try some sort of play on sound waves versus ocean waves?
    edited August 31, 2009
    This really isn't worthy, but yesterday afternoon was nice and called for a little boogie-board action. Here's a pic from a waterproof P&S, processed to use the weakness of the image to look like an older color print. Don't think it is MC worthy, but something fun about it:

635580310_vi9ed-L.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    This really isn't worthy, but yesterday afternoon was nice and called for a little boogie-board action. Here's a pic from a waterproof P&S, processed to use the weakness of the image to look like an older color print. Don't think it is MC worthy, but something fun about it:

well you can reshoot it and title it "Sound Waves". The connection is strenuous, but it's there.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
    edited August 31, 2009
    There's some fabulous surf photography online. I was out yesterday with the kids, just playing around with the P&S (since a bigger wave ate my dSLR last week). Even if I could reshoot it, I don't have the equipment now to do the idea justice. What's fun about this one though is that the camera was sitting on the front of my boogie board, aimed down at the wave I was riding.

Time to move on from the surf, and think about something else for the challenge.

Greg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com