DSS #32 potential - Title changes your perspective

sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Got this shot in Laguna Beach yesterday - the waves there were huge - looking for CC

Holding Hands

633595671_xGoe7-XL.jpg

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Clear , crisp shot, but not really doing it for me. ne_nau.gif

I think I am not seeing enough of a different perspective, even with the title.

This angle doesn't pull my eye through the picture. It is fairly monochromatic. With nothing else in the frame, it is not easy to see that they are huge waves.

Your car photo in the last challenge was quite good. thumb.gif I think you can do better. :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    this shot really has my interests on many levels... wings.gif

but as for the theme: I simply dont see a different perspective... maybe Im the only one....who knows!
    Aaron Nelson
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Not a judge, so I can't call the as to whether the shot is on theme to the contest, but I do like the shot. I don't need the title to get it. It's pretty clear.
    Growing with Dgrin

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    after re-reading your Title.... i see what you mean..., but whos to say....(not me for sure...)

good luck, and I will be seeing you soon!
    Aaron Nelson
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Theme wise I'm not sure here either. The first time I looked at the photo I didn't get it at all. I thought the title of the photo was "Title changes your perspective" as a play on "tidal".

Now that I read the actual title it's more clear. Maybe a crop that puts more emphasis the two figures in the waves?

Clever idea, regardless!
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I really like the image itself, Theme wise it is too dependent on the title IMHO.
  • sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Thanks all for the great feedback, agree that it doesn't fit the theme - I'll work on something else

thanks