Eerie Night Shot - GHOST LAMPS

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited August 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
GHOST LAMPS .............................. NYC, West End Ave. ... 6x9 film (2 1/4" x 3 1/4");

96856010_xRqyU-L-2.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I'm guessing you scanned this. It seems to have some noise and artifacts in the shadows. And there are a lot of shadows.

The light on the left is just there. Perhaps on the original film, you can see more, but without seeing anyting else, I'd clone or crop it out.

I do sorta get the sense that the near lamp is a creature with a glowing head. Have you considered croping out both sides and turning this into a vertical format?
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but it's been around for awhile now and is just a shot that I like due to the lack of light. It would take a re-scan to have a real second start. Sometime maybe.....

But I do appreciate all your input, it is very well put and you obviously took time with the photo. Might be a good one for a dark room print sometime (all I need is a medium format dark room).
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I think with a bit of a crop it would be a cool picture. Thanks for sharing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    gvf wrote:
    GHOST LAMPS .............................. NYC, West End Ave. ... 6x9 film (2 1/4" x 3 1/4");

I too would be inclinded to clone out the lamp on the left,
    and maybe work a little on bringing out some more detail in those steps we can just make out.

The lamp on the right has a strange glow like a halo around it,
    and it's framework is not unlike an abstract figure.

I think you could do more with this shot nod.gif

I like it thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin