challenge 32 "I got my eye on you"

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited August 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you guys think?
CC please.

I know the magnifying glass looks dirty--I cleaned it and cleaned it and then cleaned it some more--but it looks to be a permanent spot on the inside and it's pretty old.

633650369_hN6NP-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Same shot with PP.

633682813_pdy4a-XL.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Great idea! thumb.gif I think I like the first one better.

And I think you're fussing too much about cleaning the magnifying glass. What little boy is going to have a clean one? :D

What is that on his knee? It might be better if his knee wasn't blocking part of his chin.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Don't know what software you're using, but if there's a healing brush tool, that works wonders on dirty glass :D

Great shot (seems we're both on a similar track!!)
    edited August 29, 2009
    Hi Divamum and Whatshesaw.
    Glad you both like the shot--i
    As far as the glass I might just leave it dirty, as WSS said no boy would be able to keep it clean anyway. Also I don't have editing software yet, just using smug mug's picnik. I got some great advise from Kat last time regarding Gimp and I"m still trying to figure out how to do that.

The object on the knee is a toy ladybug, my son got tired of holding it and placed it on his knee. It cost me a couple of bucks to get him to keep posing for me. Funny how I'm so far from ever having people pay for my pictures that I'm actually paying people to take their picturerolleyes1.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    #1. The PP didn't add to the picture IMO. Like the idea.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    PP looks real good with this scene.thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Reading Aaron's reply I'll be more clear on my prior comment, since I wasn't clear.
    I like #1.
    I don't think the PP made #2 better. I like the color in #1.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Hi Liz -

This is an excellent idea (that's a good look'n kiddo too!).

I wouldn't fuss about the glass.

I LOVE the PP work....but then again, I'm sort of into the vintage look as of late, so I don't know is you should trust my judgement. mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

I might just try changing the composition a bit....I'm not convinced of the current pose with the vast expanse of knee.

Great work! wings.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited August 29, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    #1. The PP didn't add to the picture IMO. Like the idea.

Glad you like idea--It's the first thing I thought of when the challenge was announced, glad nobody beat me to it--although I think Divamum is pretty close. It's no hairy leg in a red stilleto shoe thoughrolleyes1.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 29, 2009
    PP looks real good with this scene.thumb.gif

clap.gif I like the second one best too--I just like that cross processed look.
    Will likely go with this one if I can't reshoot.
    Thanks for looking:D .
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 29, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Hi Liz -

This is an excellent idea (that's a good look'n kiddo too!).

I wouldn't fuss about the glass.

I LOVE the PP work....but then again, I'm sort of into the vintage look as of late, so I don't know is you should trust my judgement. mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

I might just try changing the composition a bit....I'm not convinced of the current pose with the vast expanse of knee.

Great work! wings.gif

Hi there Christopher,
    I'm a sucker for that cross processed vintage look, so we are seeing eye to eye on this. I have to stop myself from processing all my fotos with the same effect.

And thanks about my kid:D . I might reshoot to get the knee out of the way some, but I just don't want to pay him the $2.00 he has demanded for a reshootrolleyes1.gif --seems like a bad habit to get into.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hi there Christopher,
    I'm a sucker for that cross processed vintage look, so we are seeing eye to eye on this. I have to stop myself from processing all my fotos with the same effect.

And thanks about my kid:D . I might reshoot to get the knee out of the way some, but I just don't want to pay him the $2.00 he has demanded for a reshootrolleyes1.gif --seems like a bad habit to get into.

$2 ?
    give me his number, he needs a manager...lol j/kthumb.gif (well you know what i mean)

Im really glad to hear you talk about not processing all you fotos with a favored effect!... its a challenge to try new things each round!!!
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 30, 2009
    $2 ?
    give me his number, he needs a manager...lol j/kthumb.gif (well you know what i mean)

Laughing.gif--I will tell him you volunteered yourself to be his managermwink.gif .

Ok I wanted to know what you guys thought of this one. The more I look at this one the more I think this is the one. Better composition, less face obstructed by the knee, more distortion of the face.
    634796569_CQ2Xi-XL.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________