MC#3...can you hear me now????

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited August 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok...the fish thing was cute and I had fun making it work...but I was not hearing it as loud and had this alternative thought that really is my style of wow. Needed a stop and look and laugh type of thing.....so without further ado....here is the gutsie photos....

ARE YOU SURE YOUR READY FOR THIS???

>>>>

getting curious???.......

1. FIGAAAARRRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
633712737_9S7U2-L-1.jpg

EDIT....8/29pm....
633982081_kGMkw-L.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    You have a career in marketing ahead of you :D

http://www.mnopera.org/operaintheshower

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like the angle on the first one the best, I think, although I'd possibly change the title to "Hojotoho!" instead of "Figaro". Great job, JAG!

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    OMG!!! rolleyes1.gifwow:lol4:lolylsuper.gif

Agree with divamum on the first shot.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Well the PP in 2 & 3 really makes it look like the shower was sorely needed. 1 works more for the singing part 2&3 look more painful expressions
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 29, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Well the PP in 2 & 3 really makes it look like the shower was sorely needed. 1 works more for the singing part 2&3 look more painful expressions

yeah...you don't realize how much of a pain this shoot was!

So if you were to choose between number 1 here and one of these shots in my previous thread ( http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=142024 )...which do you like better??
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Speaker & Fish.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    :lol4 These are good but I think Fish #1 works better. Thanks for the laugh!
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I like #1 Jag. clap.gifrolleyes1.gif Need to come up with a creative title.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    #1 !!! My goodness, you're so darn creative.

I do like the fish, but I think this image is more creative and original. wings.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited August 29, 2009
    Thanks for your responses. I do think I will be brave and enter the first one. Still see a nit or two I have to work on...like the flash on the roof of my mouth is too harsh IMO. Now I gotta think of a better title.....mmmmheadscratch.gif
    edited August 29, 2009
    ok...I added an edited version at the top. Does the steam improve or take away??
    edited August 29, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Thanks for your responses. I do think I will be brave and enter the first one. Still see a nit or two I have to work on...like the flash on the roof of my mouth is too harsh IMO. Now I gotta think of a better title.....mmmmheadscratch.gif

Singing In the Shower (click to hear)
    edited August 29, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Singing In the Shower (click to hear)

so your saying that I should name it singing in the shower???....lolmwink.gif

I remember that song....now....diva please tell me what "Hojotoho!" means...I cannot seem to find a translation other than its German?
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Do we see a new Avi coming on? You are one brave girl to do a shoot in the shower... on SO many levels. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like this one better than the fish but think it might feel stronger in b & w. The steam is fine either way. I don't think it adds or detracts.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I like #1, but personally the WB seems a little warm ...
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 30, 2009
    Do we see a new Avi coming on? You are one brave girl to do a shoot in the shower... on SO many levels. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like this one better than the fish but think it might feel stronger in b & w. The steam is fine either way. I don't think it adds or detracts.

AVI??? I don't think so...lol.

Tried it in bw and I like the color better. Somehow the bw looses the detail in the water and bubbles...not to mention...makes me look blotchier. I already have tons of skin tone problems...but hey...nothing like putting myself out there. Believe me....I almost lost the nerve. But I couldn't convince my hubby to let me take pics of him in the shower!...Laughing.gifeek7.gif
    634105789_U8rKx-L.jpg

Here is another shot I did today but decided it was too weak for sound....
    633713757_rp5ao-L.jpg
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Wow! You are on a total roll here! The fish was great, I love the shower...and the dog??? Personally, I think the dog ROCKS! It may be weak on theme, but it's still awesome! This is a real toss up as far as which is the most likely to pull the judges in. I would consider 1) looking at who the judges are and 2) trying to decide which will be the most original. I'm actually thinking the shower one too. But all are great! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Wow! You are on a total roll here! The fish was great, I love the shower...and the dog??? Personally, I think the dog ROCKS! It may be weak on theme, but it's still awesome! This is a real toss up as far as which is the most likely to pull the judges in. I would consider 1) looking at who the judges are and 2) trying to decide which will be the most original. I'm actually thinking the shower one too. But all are great! thumb.gifclap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
    edited August 30, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    so your saying that I should name it singing in the shower???....lolmwink.gif

I remember that song....now....diva please tell me what "Hojotoho!" means...I cannot seem to find a translation other than its German?

"Hojotoho" is the batttle cry of the Valkyries, who in Wagner productions are those ladies in horns that most people associate with opera (not that many modern productions do the breastplates and horns any more, but the stereotype lives on). The Valkyries are the goddesses who come to collect fallen warriors from the battlefield to take them back to Valhalla. A lot of people know the music of the "Ride of the Valkyries" from Appocalypse now,where it was used for the helicopter sequence, but it's originally from the beginning of Act III of Die Walkuere (The Valkyries), which is the 3rd opera in Wagner's "Ring of the Nibelung" cycle.

(Well, you did ask!! rolleyes1.gif)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKAH_t0aXA&feature=related

The singing itself starts at around 1.30, and it's "Hojotoho" all over the place!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Like #1, but I would crop out the grate at the top, and reposition the hand from the angle it just seems as if someone else is in the shower putting there hand in the picture..

Like your chihuhua photo, but it sort of reminds me of the RCA dog in a more modern version instead of the old speakerphone..

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    #1 -- I'm am so glad you had the guts to do this.. it's awesome.

Choosing between the fish/speaker and the shower SOUND resonates more in my head with the suds n steam.

thumb.gif
    edited August 30, 2009
    Thanks all for the comments, your imput is valuable. I have gone ahead and entered the image with the steam and color.

Emily....your right...considering the judges is important for all challenges. I always consider that before I shoot and enter something. I look at their sites to see their strong points and what they tend to lean toward...then I go from there. Doesn't everyone??mwink.gif

Donna...thanks for your comments. I have considered them and decided to leave it as it is. The fan adds an element of sound since I added the steam...makes it all the more noisier in my opinion. As for the hand....I took quite a few shots with my hand to the sides and down front but this one seems the best of all...no shadows on the face and close enough to suggest connection to the body without covering the face in anyway or feeling detached because of it being too far out and the elbow cut off. I chose the square crop for obvious reasons (didn't want the swim suit to show)...so thanks for your input and they were good creative thoughts of thinking that were considered.

Diva....I like the sound of Hojotoho! I used this as my title. I had to laugh at your discription of the heavy lady in a horned hat and breastplate....I can hear the music you mentioned as playing loud in the background of this image and me wailing "HOJOTOHO!!!" at the top of my lungs!...lolrolleyes1.gif I was going to call it "Off Key" and still might change to that...I guess I gotta figure if the irony of Hojotoho will be lost on this group of judges.

Sean and Linda...thanks for your input.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Now we know how you spend those long Alaskan winters . . . coming up with great ideas!! I liked all 3 of your subjects but I think the shower shot was the best choice for the challenge. It just exudes sound . . . if I were the one singing in the shower, you'd have the added sound layer of dogs howling at my off-key notes. rolleyes1.gif

And speaking of dogs . . . I absolutely LOVE your dog shot. That cell phone is a new take on the RCA ads and I think it is fantastic!

It's been such fun to watch your threads. Best of luck in the challenge!!!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com