Bob White orange packing plant

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The Bob White Citrus Exchange was built in the early 1920s, and was one of the major Central Florida orange packing houses. The big freeze on Christmas day, 1983, was the beginning of the end. The plant finally closed in 1985.

This is the interior of the main packing room. The workers stood with their backs to the windows on the right and wrapped and packed the oranges as they came down the conveyor built. If you'd like to see the rest of my photographs of this facility, see the Bob White gallery on my SmugMug page.

Comments appreciated either here or in the gallery.

633893970_shFAv-L.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    TonyCooper wrote:
    The Bob White Citrus Exchange was built in the early 1920s, and was one of the major Central Florida orange packing houses. The big freeze on Christmas day, 1983, was the beginning of the end. The plant finally closed in 1985.

This is the interior of the main packing room. The workers stood with their backs to the windows on the right and wrapped and packed the oranges as they came down the conveyor built. If you'd like to see the rest of my photographs of this facility, see the Bob White gallery on my SmugMug page.

Comments appreciated either here or in the gallery.

Thats a pretty cool shot Tony, lost a bit of deal in the shadows,
    but you did capture that "Old Age Look" thumb.gif

I like it nod.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Neat shot. Like way you've got the strong lines arranged compositionally.
    Your BW proccessing is done very well. Like Skippy notes.. "Old Age Look"
    :D
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    It does look old with the treatment you used. Nice work and a very good photo thumb.gif