Options

WTT: 35-70 f/2.8 for 85 f/1.8 or 105 f/2.8 VR

bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
edited August 30, 2009 in Nikon Land
I bought a 35-70 f/2.8 a few years back because it was the cheapest pro zoom lens around. I got a lot of good use out of it, but since I've gotten the 17-55 f/2.8, it's been basically sitting in my bag.

The 35-70 f/2.8 is a solid metal lens. It was Nikon's pro medium zoom lens for a while. It is a push pull zoom, which, while strange at first, actually works surprisingly nicely and allows fluid and natural zooming. It's a US model, and has no noticeable nicks at all on the lens body or the glass. I'll include the lens hood, which was not included with the new model, and cost $15. Of course, the lens includes a front and rear lens cap.

The 85 f/1.8 would not have to be in perfect condition, but I would prefer something without serious nicks on the body and especially not on the glass. I would also be interested in trading for a 105 micro f/2.8 VR, which I would also include some cash in the deal for.

I would also consider selling the lens, but I would have to get a good offer to be willing to sell it.