A Few Abstracts

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
634481509_YpqV2-XL.jpg

634481402_n7de3-XL.jpg

634481373_zLV3c-XL.jpg

634481355_q3W6Q-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hi Tom......Nice series ... I don't remember seeing abstracts from you before .. The last one is my favorite, but then it's red:D....... WELL DONE! azzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

Thanks for the comment. I'm with you....gotta love red!!

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I like these images Tom. thumb.gif Thoughtful composition and the colors are
    wonderful. I thought you posted an abstract not to long ago. headscratch.gif
    Michael
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Hey Tom,

Enjoyed the shots, but the second one really makes me try and figure out what it is. I like the symmetry and that the unit on the left doesn't have a top strip showing. That invokes a little tension to the image. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Morning Tom,

A whole new perspective on Fine Automobile Shooting.

Very nicely seen and captured.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited August 31, 2009
    Hi Michael,

Yea, I posted an abstract not long ago. Actually, I've done quite a lot with abstracts over the years. In fact, there's a whole range of photo work I do that I've never exposed to this forum. I like putting cars, planes and a few other things up for exposure but maybe I'll start showing another side to what I do.

Thanks for your comments and support.

Take care,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Know what you mean Tom. Out of the bunch I've taken or tried to take I
    only have a very small handful up for viewing. Just the way it is right now.
    Trying to get in the mood to switch gears and kick it up a wee notch. But I
    see that as down the road aways. Anywho.... would like to see some of
    your abstracts when your ready. :D
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I like them thumb.gif

Not a clue what photos 2 and 3 are of, but they are nice. The last one looks like an eye and my favorite :D
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    The first two are great! The third is very good. I still like the fourth.

Beautiful work, Tom! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited September 1, 2009
    Randy,

You're a sharp-eyed guy. I left that one stripe off at the top for the very reason you picked up on. The picture was of a portion of cooling slats that covered the intake system on a race car. I then cropped the overall picture down to what you see.....hoping I had created something of interest.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 1, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I thought I might give a peek at some of the other type shots I like to take. I'm glad you liked them.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 2, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim,

I'm glad you liked these. #2 is of some body pieces on a race car. #3 depics some velocity stacks that are part of the intake system on a high performance engine. The red parts are actually plastic pieces that are inserted into the stack to keep out dirt and other contaminants when the engine is not running.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 2, 2009
    Hey Lee,

Thanks for the gracious remarks. I do quite a bit of this kind of work, I just don't show it often. One reason I pay such close attention to your excellent work in this area is that I'm always looking to pick up pointers and ideas from shooters who are really good.

Be well,

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim,

I'm glad you liked these. #2 is of some body pieces on a race car. #3 depics some velocity stacks that are part of the intake system on a high performance engine. The red parts are actually plastic pieces that are inserted into the stack to keep out dirt and other contaminants when the engine is not running.

Take care,

Tom

Thanks for letting me know :D