Watermark Tips for the best image

LoupplsLouppls Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 31, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi... just upgraded to Pro. Want to add my custom watermarks but the images seem soft, especially as I go to the bigger sizes photo's. See the link below. I just want my site URL, www.louppls.com in the bottom right.

I followed the directions, creating a PNG file using Arial, 16 point, crisp, transparent, 200 x 50 (I figured I only needed a small size), 72 res and uses a very light blue color. THe water marks don't see crisp. Any tips? If it helps, I attached my PNG file.

http://www.louppls.com/Family-Trips/Night-at-Twinsite/2281011_nSYiz

Comments

• photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Louppls wrote:
    Hi... just upgraded to Pro. Want to add my custom watermarks but the images seem soft, especially as I go to the bigger sizes photo's. See the link below. I just want my site URL, www.louppls.com in the bottom right.

I followed the directions, creating a PNG file using Arial, 16 point, crisp, transparent, 200 x 50 (I figured I only needed a small size), 72 res and uses a very light blue color. THe water marks don't see crisp. Any tips? If it helps, I attached my PNG file.

Can you post an example of an image with the watermark where things look soft?
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List
  • LoupplsLouppls Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    photokandy wrote:
    Can you post an example of an image with the watermark where things look soft?

http://www.louppls.com/Sports/SJA-vs-RO-Shrine-Aug-29-2009/9453280_7wGUQ#634098324_E8sF2-A-LB

Thanks
  • photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I think you're going to have to go bigger on your watermark; SM is up-rezzing your watermark when it shows the image at a large size, hence the softness, I think. Try with a bigger font size and resolution and see if it improves a bit.
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List