Germ of an idea (MC#5) Final

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thanks for the comments in the other thread everyone! I've fixed the problem of the smoke being cut off. Now I just need a good title. The ones that I have come up with are:

1. Pour It In To 'Em Boys
2. Ready, Aim, Fire!
3. FIRE!
4. Damn Yankees
5. The Rattle of Muskets
6. BANG, you're dead.

Does anyone have any others?

634803106_4hKEb-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hi Kevin, really like this image. The pp adds to it a lot. I really like "FIRE!" Minor nit, personall I'm finding the two sedentary guys on the right distracting diminishing the "sound". If it weren't for the theme, I really like them there, but for this you may want to consider cropping them. ne_nau.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I'm of the opposite opinion here, the two guys balance the weight of the frame out for me, pulling us back over to the right after seeing the power and smoke (since this is the first thing I look at). This is exactly what Emily is saying but for me it works. Great job on completing your smoke! :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    You absolutely need those two guys in the back. :D Not only do they balance the photo, but the shorter one of the two is the one who issued the firing order. They complete the "story".

I think "Ready, Aim, Fire!" is a perfect caption for this.

Good luck to you, Kevin!!!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 30, 2009
    actually those two guys in the back are the captins (commanders) are they not? Last line of defence so to say. Its a great image and I am glad you were able to work out the smoke issue Kevin! I like the title 'fire!' also. With the conversion of sepia I can actually see the bits of metal or bullets flying in the smoke...I didn't notice that the first image. But I haven't gone back to look to see if we could see them or not. I find that facinating in this image though.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    You guys are correct. The two in the back, a captain and a sargent?, are controlling the action. The captain is the one issuing the order to fire and is a necessary part of the story. Thanks again for the interest and comments. I've entered it with the title FIRE!.
    — Kevin

My Site, My Book
    edited August 30, 2009
    DANG!!! Forgot to mention to you - there appears to be a teeny border left at the top of the photo. Don't know if anyone will notice but I'd hate to see this shot get DQ'd. You might want to crop that out.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Very nice and good idea Kevin!

For me FIRE! is the best :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    DANG!!! Forgot to mention to you - there appears to be a teeny border left at the top of the photo. Don't know if anyone will notice but I'd hate to see this shot get DQ'd. You might want to crop that out.

Thanks Linda. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I can really see it in this thread, barely in Photoshop, and not at all in the gallery. Took care of it and re-entered the shot just to be on the safe side. Always helps to have a second set of eyes to catch things like that!
    — Kevin

My Site, My Book
    edited August 31, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    Thanks Linda. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I can really see it in this thread, barely in Photoshop, and not at all in the gallery. Took care of it and re-entered the shot just to be on the safe side. Always helps to have a second set of eyes to catch things like that!
    — Kevin
    Zackley! I've caught that at the last minute on some of my shots whenever I've used that same action. :D