Fashion portrait - c/c pls

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited August 30, 2009 in People
I know, I know, another one of my strange compositions lol, but does the pp
lack pop? This is my first TFCD and I was trying to paint some highlights on her skin on a different
layer, but it didn't really lighten much.

Also, I'm not sure how fashion photogs are able to achieve that super smooth
skin that's full of texture. I think I did a good job on the face, but healing the body
is proving to be a bit troublesome.

634801014_DJrrU-L.jpg

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    aside from the composition.... but that is your thing...

I think the skin looks ok but overall the whole picture is quite flat and does lack pop. Try bringing up the middle curves or use the brightness slider then bring back up the blacks... maybe also a little clarity. Don't know how it would look, just guessing here....

I don't by anymeans think it is horrible and some might like the tones and lack of contrast depending on how it will be displayed. I am sure others will pipe in... take my 2 cents for what it is worth.... 1 cent cause we are in an ecomomical crisis:D
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Thank you, Sandy. I appreciate your 1 cent! Every cent is as precious to me as a million dollar :D

I'm not sure, either. I have a love/hate relationship with desat. I'm either *very* poppy or ... not lol. Here's another one I was working on. I don't think I'll be desaturating the rest because I'm so ambivalent towards it -_-

635018840_W3U7g-O-2.jpg

I made the best I could with the weird lighting conditions in that room (with my one flash and my reflector taped on a tripod). I definitely need more practice.