Options

Batteries For 40D

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited August 30, 2009 in Finishing School
I sincerely apologise if I am not in the correct forum. However, today I was doing a car rally shoot with my 40D which has a battery pack and I was quite surprised when I completed a 4GB card the batteries were flat. This is so unusual. I replaced them with two more batteries and they worked perfectly and I used a full 4gb plus another 2gb and the batteries were still showing full charge on the camera.
When I got home I recharged the two flat batteries and both were on the charger for only a minute and the red light stopped flashing on the charger indicating they were fully charged. When I put them in the camera they were showing they were not charged. Are these two batteries heading for the trash bin?
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited August 30, 2009
    Sounds kinds like it to me, Bob.

Do you have more than one charger for your batteries for your 40D - the BP-511? I have a Canon charger that does not charge near as well as several other Canon chargers I have for BP-511s, so you might try another charger; but I'll bet your battery is dying.

Amazon has OEM versions for about $46 USD, that might be ~30 pounds or so?

Amazon offers non OEM versions for around $14 USD.

I have used batteries BP-511 equivalents - from www.sterlingtek.com for several years. They seem to work pretty well, but I think their battery life is shorter than OEM batteries from Canon.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Sounds kinds like it to me, Bob.

Do you have more than one charger for your batteries for your 40D - the BP-511? I have a Canon charger that does not charge near as well as several other Canon chargers I have for BP-511s, so you might try another charger; but I'll bet your battery is dying.

Amazon has OEM versions for about $46 USD, that might be ~30 pounds or so?

Amazon offers non OEM versions for around $14 USD.

I have used batteries BP-511 equivalents - from www.sterlingtek.com for several years. They seem to work pretty well, but I think their battery life is shorter than OEM batteries from Canon.

Thanks once again Pathfinder. I only have the one charger that came with the 40D. So I will head off and buy a couple off Amazon they really are good.
    Regards
    Bob