Options

Photo Album, Book, or What?

Uncle YikUncle Yik Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Accessories
Since I got into digital photography, I've been printing my own best shots on 8½ x 11 HP Premium Glossy. Sold my 20x20 paper cutter in 2000. Bad timing. So, the question has become, how do I "present" my very best (according to me)?

When I'm no longer around, I'd like something concrete to leave behind, so my SmugMug page doesn't fill that bill.

If I go for the bound book, then of course, I can't add new ones or remove those that are no longer on my "greatest pix of all time" list and, after 62 years in photography, I know very well that my "favorites" will continue to change.*

Unless there's something out there that is "semi-bound," that leaves a multi-ring or three-ring binder with clear holders for 8½x11s. K&M used to make a very nice binder, but I'm having trouble finding them and the inserts. (They were about 24 hole inserts.)

I've searched the entire forum. I've Googled, and can't find anything in the first 100 hits.

Is there anything new that I'm missing? Has anyone out there done anything that would fit my needs?

My photos, btw, are almost entirely of nature. Only two shots are of people. However, unless my kids have been lying to me, they've always liked my bugs, butterflies, flowers, and scenics.

If you think that my best bet is book form, expensive though that may be, I'd appreciate the response. (I'm going to need two copies, one for each kid or grandkid.)

Binder? What kind and where can I find it (them)?

Would appreciate any opinion or assistance.

*I have a gallery, "MY Favorites." In the 7 months I've had a SmugMug account, of the 32 real favorites (only one photo of our dogs was really that good, but how could I leave the other three out?), I've changed four. In my collection on my computer, of the 66 favorites, I've changed or deleted 9 in the last year.

Ethan
www.ethanwinning.com

Comments