The girl and the gown...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 4, 2009 in People
This weekend was my 12th anneversary... and Gracie has been pestering me all week to pull out my wedding gown so she could try it on. We slipped it on her and held it on her with clothespins and hair ties in the back.

It was heaven for a nearly nine year old girly girl.

635019996_Wg4fm-XL.jpg

635017639_LmARi-XL.jpg

635006109_yMJiC-XL.jpg

635018876_pgqoJ-XL.jpg

My DH came and "helped" her back to the house.
635010853_HmTBm-L.jpg

Did you think I needed an excuse to take photos of my kids?

(C & C = me + :D )

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Wow! Her expression in #3 is OOTW! (my own little contribution to the whole OMG Laughing.gif BTW...so on and so forth....craze. :D)

Even WITH the stool in the first one....I'm LOVING it! It just....works in this image....not real sure why but it's fascinating.

Nice series, HF....really nice!
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Aww...how beautiful and sweet. You got to make special memories for both you and her on your anniversary... God it so makes me wish I had been a photog when my kids were young....:cry Love the headpiece and that she is standing on the stool! Thanks for sharing...
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Happy anniversary, and your daughter is totally adorable in the dress. These are real keepers, especially for the day in the all-to-near future... Love her expression.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    definitely something you'll want to share when her special day comes!
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    SO pretty! Love the colors, expressions and her placement amongst the trees. What a special day and way to remember it. Congrats on your anniversary!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Absolutely gorgeous shots of your pretty little girl. Don't blink your eyes because she will be grown and wearing it in her wedding. They grow up way too fast.

Know these are shots you both will cherish for years to come. Great job!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I love it!

Too cool.

KAW.clap.gif
    Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Fantastic shots! Definitely keepers for her special day!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Love the set! Just love them! thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Thanks to all for your congrats and comments! Did you notice our bits of fall peeking out? Though I am really not ready for the end of summer, it is coming all too soon. Fall is so lovely, I am actually looking forward to it.

It is really strange to think that this little girl could be wearing a gown of her own in not too long. I had to give her extra snuggles, just cause.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    You know, Heather, you're making me wish I hadn't eloped if only so I could follow suit and do the same thing.... these are SO AWESOME!!!! Fabulous idea, and your kids are so utterly adorable.

Now if (no - WHEN! I'm sure wild horses would'nt be able to stop you!) you get to take pictures on HER wedding day, you have to find a way to match posing etc of one of them to these for a set. Heirloom-stuff or what?!!
    edited August 31, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    You know, Heather, you're making me wish I hadn't eloped if only so I could follow suit and do the same thing.... these are SO AWESOME!!!! Fabulous idea, and your kids are so utterly adorable.

Now if (no - WHEN! I'm sure wild horses would'nt be able to stop you!) you get to take pictures on HER wedding day, you have to find a way to match posing etc of one of them to these for a set. Heirloom-stuff or what?!!

What, are you kidding? No way will I be the photographer for my own kids' weddings. I learned the hard way by shooting my sisters' weddings... It is just too hard to get all the blubbering done that needs to be done when you have to concentrate on getting the shot. By then I should be making enough money to hire somebody fantastic, right? rolleyes1.gif

But I will plan on doing bridal sessions and whatever I can get out of her.... Hopefully she will still love the camera by then.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I gave my daughter away and also shot the wedding. It went pretty well but was not the easiest thing to do. Hard to compose between the tears.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    OMG!!! This is soooo very cute!!! What a wooonderful idea! I can't believe it clap.gif
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    love this idea! how special those will be later!!
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Such a wonderful idea and terrific images. I like them all but esp #4. I did notice the bit of fall near her face and I think it nicely complements her hair. Well done!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited September 1, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    I gave my daughter away and also shot the wedding. It went pretty well but was not the easiest thing to do. Hard to compose between the tears.

Wow! I can't believe you were able to do that! Amazing! But pretty cool to have such a close hand in it. iloveyou.gif

Thanks to Angniezska, ilbcnu & redleash for the comments!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    What, are you kidding? No way will I be the photographer for my own kids' weddings. I learned the hard way by shooting my sisters' weddings... It is just too hard to get all the blubbering done that needs to be done when you have to concentrate on getting the shot. By then I should be making enough money to hire somebody fantastic, right? rolleyes1.gif

But I will plan on doing bridal sessions and whatever I can get out of her.... Hopefully she will still love the camera by then.

Well, I was thinking more of you doing some bridal portraits rather than the ceremony, so yeah... :D

And after the amazingness you have posted this summer, I sure HOPE you're making enough money to do whatever you darned well please! That is top-flight work from you, missy, and I just hope that people are starting to sit up and take notice. Your stuff regularly rocks my world!! bowdown.gifthumb.gifbowdown.gif
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Well, I was thinking more of you doing some bridal portraits rather than the ceremony, so yeah... :D

And after the amazingness you have posted this summer, I sure HOPE you're making enough money to do whatever you darned well please! That is top-flight work from you, missy, and I just hope that people are starting to sit up and take notice. Your stuff regularly rocks my world!! bowdown.gifthumb.gifbowdown.gif
    Aaaw thanks! You are so sweet. I should send you brownies. rolleyes1.gif
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    These are a treasure! Your daughter looks like an old soul. :)
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009