overwrite settings?

DeanSDeanS Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Finishing School
I have been starting with Lightroom then moving to Photoshop for some fine tuning and then returning to Lightroom. When I ask Lightroom to save the metadate to a file, Lightroom warms me that the metadata has been changed by an external program (CS4) and do I want Lightroom to overwrite it. I just want to make sure the metadata is written to the XMP file and therefore available for future use. So do I want to overwrite it or not?

Comments

• Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Howdy.

Hi, Dean. When you say you are moving to Ps and returning to Lr, what do you actually mean? Are you editing in Ps or Ps ACR when you "move" to Ps?

In conventional Lr-Ps workflows, you would not encounter the overwrite message, as when you decide to edit a Lr image in Ps, you ask Lr to create a copy and opens it in Ps. All edits done in Ps affect only the Ps copy, and do not alter the original RAW file, which is good.

Most experienced users claim they edit less than 10% of their Lr images in Ps. There is no need. If you are doing a lot more than this, it may be time to rethink.

If you could supply a little more info, we could be a little more help.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com