La Canada Flintridge Fires near Los Angeles

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited September 2, 2009 in Landscapes
Just North of Los Angeles in La Canada Flintridge, we are experiencing very large mountain fires. For some reason an inversion layer is causing a white cloud as high as 20,000 feet to form. I got these from the north bound 710Fwy. It literally looks like a nuclear bomb mushroom or something. Very surreal.
635156463_MCTUt-M.jpg

635156129_n3N9e-M.jpg

635156914_CMpcu-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    That really does look like a bomb or a volcano just went off. Great capture!
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Here's what it looks like in Alhambra:
    635191634_ND3zv-L.jpg

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Yeah, I forgot, I had visions of Pompeii yesterday when I saw the smoke yesterday.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Just got home from a gig, and the BBC News (on one of the local NPR stations here in the North East) mentioned about the CA fires, and how it was unusual for there to be such calm conditions (normally there are winds which make them more dangerous) but the problem now is that the airborne fire-fighters have difficulty in seeing exactly what is going on with all the smoke & stuff hanging around.

Great pictures! Exactly how I imagined the scene described on the radio!

Thanks for sharing -

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    schmoo wrote:

Yes, #3 really looks like an atom bomb just went off.