Sequoias

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey all,

I had gone for an overnight trip with a friend to Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Was a fun trip and I got a couple of decent shots. I have been to Sequoia on 3 occasions now, but I am always mesmerised when I see General Sherman. What a wonderful place!!! :D

635252713_DBd2B-L.jpg

635253337_vuBX7-L.jpg

And of course, the General Sherman
===========================

635253762_3PTaQ-L.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Nice shooting! I think I recognize each and every one of those! Thank you fro bringing back memories! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Hi Nikhil great captures from a place that is very difficult to shoot. You have some really great compositions here. Now I'm just waiting for a light-painted sequoia with some star trails lol3.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Outstanding set Nikhil clap.gifclap.gif
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Nikhil great captures from a place that is very difficult to shoot. You have some really great compositions here. Now I'm just waiting for a light-painted sequoia with some star trails lol3.gif

Yeah those trees are a little difficult to shoot. What's funny is that I did think of getting out at night and painting some trees, but we wound up exhausted by the time we arrived at our campsite at 10 pm (we left LA around 4 AM and then went to Sequoia, then to Kings Canyon, onto Zumwalt Meadow for the evening- btw if you haven't been to Zumwalt Meadow, it is a really beautiful place). Not to forget those pesky campers in the neighboring campsite, that refused to keep quiet till around 1 AM. My friend got his revenge in the AM by getting up at 6 and making as much noise as possible. :D

Cheers,
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, Dan and Nikolai. Next time I hope to spend atleast 3 days and then shoot some stuff in the evening light. It's not too far from LA (around 3.5 hours).

Cheers,
  • Deej6Deej6 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Wonderful shot, great perspectives. It really emphasizes the height of the trees.
    “ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper. – William Albert Allard

Deej6