Sunset at the beach

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited September 8, 2009 in Landscapes
We spent five days at the beach last week, camping. Finally some sun and sea for me this summer, yay! I didn't take any photos apart from one evening that turned out to be the most spectacular during our stay. The colors were tame at the beginning, but after the sun had actually set, the sky turned orange, red, violet, you name it. At one point everything was red! See for yourself:

K01-Konobe-044.jpg

K03-Konobe-064-Hpm.jpg

K05-Konobe-078-Hpm.jpg

K08-Konobe-090-Hpm.jpg

K10-Konobe-107-Hpm.jpg

K11-Konobe-108.jpg

K12-Konobe-111.jpg

K14-Konobe-130.jpg

K15-Konobe-133.jpg

And at the end of the photo session we were treated to this moonset:

K17-Konobe-138.jpg

I don't recall seeing anything like this before! :)
I can't wait to go back in September.

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Beautiful set, Ana. I particularly like the light in 2, 4, and 9. Always look forward to your contributions to this forum!
  • marcpromarcpro Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Great contribution !
    On number 8, were you painting the rocks with a flashlight? I like it, it's very creative.
    Marc.
    -- Photography without post-processing is like cooking without salt or spices.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Beautiful series, Ana. I especially like 4, 5 and 9. The compositions are nice, the colors are very appealing and the lighting is excellent. I'm sorry you did not shoot more, as I have always enjoyed your work in the past. I hope you get busy shooting!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Great series
    Really like them all, great moonset. Where is this - kind of looks like Northern California Coast......?
    Lee Wiren
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Cool series

With #3, what lens did you use?
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2009
    Hey everybody, sorry for the late reply, I was away, hiking and shooting. :D Thanks for you kind comments!

Ana
    Ana
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2009
    Wiren wrote:
    Really like them all, great moonset. Where is this - kind of looks like Northern California Coast......?

Thanks! Actually it's Croatian coast of the Adriatic Sea. :D

Ana
    Ana
    edited September 5, 2009
    Cool series

With #3, what lens did you use?

Thanks. I used a Peleng 8mm fisheye for #3.

Ana
    Ana
    edited September 5, 2009
    marcpro wrote:
    Great contribution !
    On number 8, were you painting the rocks with a flashlight? I like it, it's very creative.
    Marc.

Thanks, Marc! Yes, I used a small flashlight to illuminate the nearby rocks during the long exposure.

Ana
    Ana
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Hi Ana great set and what a beautiful place... and weather! :D That is an incredible use of light painting, very subtle and well-done. Is that a partial fisheye shot on #3 or just the angle that makes it look straight in the middle? That horizon is crazy!