Adobe CS sucks

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Finishing School
Customer Service that is.

I downloaded a trial version of the CS4 Extended, then bought an upgrade from CS3 to CS4 Extended. I tried to enter in the serial number into the trial version conversion screen, but it wouldn't activate the product, instead saying that a valid upgrade product could not be found, but I could choose one from the options. Of course, the only option given was CS3 Extended.

I contacted their customer service via adobe.com, and recieved a response saying my case was closed, and that I needed to contact them by phone so that they can "swiftly process your request and provide a solution."

What's an acceptable amount of time to be put on hold? 20 minutes? 30? 60 minutes? After waiting 50 minutes without talking to anyone I went downstairs and my phone dropped the call. So I called back and waited over 1 hour yet still the background hold music played. I hung up. Need to do other things.

I'm pretty pissed.

I'm going to try installing the software off the CD and see if that helps. I also contacted Adobe again and requested that they provide a sollution via email.

Comments

• Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I'm going to try installing the software off the CD and see if that helps

That's the way to do it. I'd uninstall the trial first.

You'll end up with a fairly large download to update all the components.
  • raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Customer Service that is.

I downloaded a trial version of the CS4 Extended, then bought an upgrade from CS3 to CS4 Extended. I tried to enter in the serial number into the trial version conversion screen, but it wouldn't activate the product, instead saying that a valid upgrade product could not be found, but I could choose one from the options. Of course, the only option given was CS3 Extended.

I contacted their customer service via adobe.com, and recieved a response saying my case was closed, and that I needed to contact them by phone so that they can "swiftly process your request and provide a solution."

What's an acceptable amount of time to be put on hold? 20 minutes? 30? 60 minutes? After waiting 50 minutes without talking to anyone I went downstairs and my phone dropped the call. So I called back and waited over 1 hour yet still the background hold music played. I hung up. Need to do other things.

I'm pretty pissed.

I'm going to try installing the software off the CD and see if that helps. I also contacted Adobe again and requested that they provide a sollution via email.

Your copy of CS3 Extended IS your valid upgrade product, once you select that it should allow you to upgrade to CS4.
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Well, at least Adobe apparently know that their support sucks, and is at least attempting some sort of corrective action, although this probably doesn't help your immediate problem any. Recognizing you have a problem is the first step, right?
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Your copy of CS3 Extended IS your valid upgrade product, once you select that it should allow you to upgrade to CS4.

No, the problem is, I am supposed to select the CS3 extended option, and then enter in my CS3 Extended serial number. HOWEVER, I don't actuallly own CS3 Ex but only CS3 standard. So obviously the serial numbers will not work. On the website, it does state the CS3 to CS4 Ex is a valid upgrade path, and i'm not aware that there are different upgrade boxes to buy if you are upgrading from CS3X vs CS3 standard. The price is all the same regardless.

I tried installling with the CD, no dice. Now I'm using Skype on my computer to call.
    edited August 31, 2009
    A contest
    I sit here, still listening to the background music from Adobe No Support. Still haven't heard from anyone.

So propose a contest. Winning prize will be a post card from Thailand mailed to you.

Please make one guess as to how long it will take for Adobe to talk to me.

Start the guessing at 1 hour, 20 minutes.

In the event of a tie, prize goes to the first person to pick the answer, so don't pick the answer that someone else already picked if you wish to win.
    edited August 31, 2009
    Total hold time for this call was 1:45. Total cumulative hold time, over 4 different calls, 3 hours 50 minutes.

Problem was resolved, but if you have to call Adobe, hope your phone batteries are fully charged.
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I had the same issue with my upgrade from CS3 to CS4 (except for the standard to extended issue, mine was a straight ol' upgrade). I was on the line for hours with a CS rep that really had no idea what the heck he was doing. Now I had to replace the old computer, and I have to call back to install on the new machine. It's a PITA for sure. This was all after I submitted 3 requests online over a period of about 4 weeks. I am not looking forward to making the call again this week.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
    edited August 31, 2009
    I suggested that they put up some sort of webpage that you could enter in the challenge code and get a response code, no input needed from a live person on Adobe's end.

Hopefully that will be up and running when you need to fix your code!:D