Sip-click on terrace...umbria italy continued

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Landscapes
busy times, quick supper on terrace and stepped outside to find this. supper got cold, no tripod (it's in the car) so hand held - not my favourite situation, as those who know me, are well aware. meta data reads Rubesco di Torgiano, Lungarotti, 2005, 13%, marc... comments always happily welcomed. cheers, sarah
635928208_s3kuB-L.jpg
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Looks like good "Italian meta data" to me:D

I like the light and composition but not my "preferito" of your porch series. Seeing the horizon seams to add great "profondita" to that scene.

You really dont want to hear me say these words:cry
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Looks like good "Italian meta data" to me:D

I like the light and composition but not my "preferito" of your porch series. Seeing the horizon seams to add great "profondita" to that scene.

You really dont want to hear me say these words:cry

no,i agree marc, and thank you for being honest. it was a "grab shot", without the tripod handy (only 22!!), but i did like the light on the rooftiles. i tried a horizontal composition first, trying to tie in the landscape, with the cloud and the moon, but given the relationships of the various components, there ended up being little to really tie the image together, and the eye wandered vaguely, asking 'why?", rather than having a clear focal point or direction of gaze. so i had to give up on that idea and content myself with this. it worked, but i know the others are more successful. the tripod is now ready for the next few nights of increasing fullness to the moon, and hopefully great skies as the weather finally gets cooler, and changes from the immense heat we've had. the rubesco of the sky and the bottle should be a good combination. at least one is assured, anyway.....mwink.gif
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I cant imagine anything better than waiting for thunderheads to rise before the moon while sipping on good wine in Italyclap.gif