MC#5 Possibilities

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, are either of these starting to look worthy? Still working on them.

636043312_4sKiV-L.jpg

636041870_aU4nh-L.jpg

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    So, are either of these starting to look worthy? Still working on them.

Not for me.
    Maybe because even though I know it's a chalkboard it doesn't really look like one.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I really like your idea...my only thought is that I think it would be a bit more realistic if you had a devious (sp?) child in there rather than an adult. But I like the addition of the person in the BG holding his ears, definitely helps you "hear" it
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Good, maybe a bit to much light on the main subject, may need just a smidge of light on the victim in the BG.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I think it's a great idea, but this perspective isn't doing it for me either. I still get the feeling, but the image feels kind of empty. The person in the background distracts me, and in my opinion isn't adding anything to the image. I think it is a strong enough theme without another person covering his ears.

You'll get it, though. I can't wait to see the one that works.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    My teeth ache at the thought. The lighting is interesting and gives a good evil feel but its not matching up to the chalkboard. No schools that will let you use an empty classroom? I agree with the background model needing to be lit more as well.

Your getting there... :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Your idea is totally awesome and you're getting there. I do agree about finding a real chalkboard. Sean's suggestion regarding getting permission to use an empty classroom is a good one. Also, I think they still sell chalkboards for kids in toy stores. You can try getting one of those and staging a shot. Perhaps even use a child as the culprit with a parent in the background holding his/her ears?
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I think you can sell the idea using virtual chalkboards and such, but I think everything else needs to have that virtual feel to it also...

personally a few things are not working for me,
    1. the BG guy.... its disengaging from whats going on in the scene...
    2. shouldnt the subject who is causing the viewer pain have some eye contact? as if he is doing this to the viewer! (and yes, I like the evil sly look.)

from the hip idea...:

eliminate the chalkboard frame and room entirely, get close up man!
    Aaron Nelson
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    if you really want to find a real chalkboard...(I haven't seen one in a school for years) I saw one in an antique store, one of the freestanding ones. Or, if you have something like a historical site nearby with an old school, it would have it.