#32 Another idea

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I still like my reading glasses, but somehow am coming up dry for an idea to really make it work. It's not ruled out yet, but I caught these two shots when we went to the State Fair yesterday and thought they might also have possibilities. (I REALLY wish I could have caught a beautifully-framed, perspective-capturing shot of the calf we saw being born while we were there but the way we (and she!) were situated made it impossible. Ah well, it was still a pretty cool thing for Diva Jr to see. But I digress.....)

In any case:

No title yet.

636174768_n9LzE-M.jpg

2. "Cloudy, with a chance of children" It needs a ton of work, but something about it just fascinates me - the sky, the angles... I have quite a few from this series, but am unsure of whether it's ok to post shots of strangers captured like this? The others all contain many people I don't know... (and oh me oh my did my 200mm L lens show what stuff it's made of. MAN that is some gorgeous glass now I've kind of figured out how to get the most out of it!)636174084_QA6ZQ-M.jpg

Comments

• CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Both good shots. I really like the first one - beautifully done. I'm just not sure about theme ne_nau.gif
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    The ferris wheel depicts the theme very well. It's a nice b&w conversion, but it's lacking something at the moment. How does it look with your Lomo action applied to it? headscratch.gif

I love the shot of the children on the swing ride, but it's a bit light on theme. ne_nau.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Ditto. Like #1 for theme, love #2 as a picture.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Thanks all.

A few more ideas (I am seriously having trouble settling on anything for this one - usually I get an idea and then work it to death, but this time? Meh. But I digress...)

Another ferris wheel. Thinking of titles along the lines of "Scared of heights" (ie, I'm on the GROUND!) or something like that. Different treatment as well as slightly different angle; the former one can easily have the same processing (Lightroom, how we love thee... :D)

636658934_bbsxX-M.jpg

And another maybe, kinda sorta idea. Can't decide if it's mysterious or just a total wash rolleyes1.gif

Title: "Up or down?"

636658648_hcNHw-L.jpg
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks all.

I'm really liking the stairs. Took me a bit to figure out if it was up or down--it is up right? and if it isn't, even better. So pretty perfect for perspective. Also reminds me of a stairway to heaven scene--if you add a different color light at the end of the stairs, say yellowish red, maybe it could be to hell. Just throwing out ideas--but so far I like the stairs best.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I can see them. The stairs are perfect for the theme! clap.gif
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
    edited September 1, 2009
    Thanks both. I'm still not entirely convinced by the stairs, but it's good to know that others like it! I see somebody else is considering a similar shot, too (which I think is better than this one), but we'll see where it leads... I still have a few days to mull it all over (and see what else I can come up with ... I do have another idea if I can work up the courage to shoot it!)

I was shooting down, for what it's worth - I LOVE that it fooled people! thumb.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I was shooting down, for what it's worth - I LOVE that it fooled people! thumb.gif

GET OUT!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I love the staircase!!!!! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Can you work a silhouetted figure into that shot? headscratch.gif
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    STAIRS!!!! love them - I too thought it was up not down. The suggestion of a figure is good but it will also ruin the illusion maybe?
    edited September 1, 2009
    Wow - just goes to show how poor a judge I am of what will have an impact! Sadly, somebody else has just posted a really similar abstract down a "tunnel" so not sure but.... maybe I can come up with something to differentiate it a bit.

Linda, a silhouette would be a WONDERFUL addition... but I have to figure out how to do it (since I really was shooting down the stairs not up). Hmm... will think on that headscratch.gif

Thanks all!!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks both. I'm still not entirely convinced by the stairs, but it's good to know that others like it! I see somebody else is considering a similar shot, too (which I think is better than this one), but we'll see where it leads... I still have a few days to mull it all over (and see what else I can come up with ... I do have another idea if I can work up the courage to shoot it!)

OMG! Diva the stairs are great!!! I saw them and felt instant envy! geezz I wish I had done that, or even thought of it... of course I don't have stairs.... and it is cool that it is down... I wouldn't have known!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I was guessing up as well. Had to change my perspective to see down really well. I wouldn't add anything that might spoil the illusion.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited September 1, 2009
    Well, I guess that's is a pretty conclusive quorum for a reaction, so I'll just shut myself up and enter it.... Thanks all!

For the record, here's the sooc (crooked) shot - I swear I was standing at the top nod.gif

636916844_SsvpF-L.jpg