Some Shots from last week (C&C appreciated)

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited September 2, 2009 in People
Did a theme shot and some of the usual pose shots. The theme is a more modern take on Eve and the tempation. Instead of using an apple I used a grape, made it more intimate.

_DSC0013_edited-1.jpg

_DSC0005_edited-2.jpg

_DSC0001_edited-1.jpg

_DSC0068_edited-1.jpg

_DSC0034_edited-1.jpg

_DSC0084_edited-1.jpg

Comments

• justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    _DSC0116_edited-1-1.jpg

_DSC0121_edited-1-2.jpg

_DSC0124_edited-1-1.jpg

_DSC0135_edited-1.jpg

mw.jpg

_DSC0122_edited-1.jpg
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I love the Adam and Eve theme. I do! I made a series for my class as well (http://www.krisfulk.com/Fashion/Apples/8093703_tPjpY#524363343_NeZXZ) but with all Eves and no Adam (kind of like yours!)

I think, though, that without the iconic apple, it doesn't project as clearly. The grapes instead remind me of the Bacchanalia and Bacchus, who is associated with wine, madness, ecstasy etc. I can see that in #1.

Though I wish there's a bit more space above her head on 5, it's my favorite along with #10 :)
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    justin24 wrote:

So....no snake. No Adam. No apple. Just two women in a suggestive pose with a bunch of grapes, and then one woman posing in the surf. And this has what to do with Eve and the Garden?ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    My take is why use a snake. The devil can take any form. Why an Apple? Sure that's the fruit used. So plain. This Is my interpretation. Adam wasn't there she. Eve ate the forbidden fruit. Should of added the other shots were not part of the theme. Doh!
  • JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Maybe a bit more use of the grapes would help your theme. It just seems she is holding out the grapes. Maybe they should be feeding each other the grapes? or eating a grape off the vine?
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    I can't believe I'm commenting in this thread, but I think #9 has legs. It seems to be a bit more about her than about you and there are some subtleties about the photograph itself that are interesting.