Options

Glasses Glare Problem! Help Please!

Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited September 5, 2009 in Finishing School
I have some unexpected glasses glare on a recent photo shoot and could use some Major advice on how to fix it. I use Paint Shop Pro. Please Help!:dunno

Comments

• Options
    SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I have some unexpected glasses glare on a recent photo shoot and could use some Major advice on how to fix it. I use Paint Shop Pro. Please Help!ne_nau.gif

Do you have the full res image anywhere?
    I can't tell you how to do it in PSP but I might be able to help you out and get it done for you in PS.
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
  • Options
    Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Thank You
    Thank you so much for your help and I able to email it to you? I am not a pro at processing headscratch.gif
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    If both of you are willing can you share before and after and something of your methodology?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    If both of you are willing can you share before and after and something of your methodology?

Yes, please!
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Eyeglass Glare
    Eyeglass glare if it's over the eye itself is very hard to repair. Scott Kelby suggests whenever you do portraits you take the lenses out of the frames OR you shoot on an angle or you take a photo with and with out glasses so you can clone in the unglassed eyes.

If I am shooting I have become very mindful of this because if you are shooting events you can't do some of that to get it right in camera. Also, if you are using flash, you need to have it way above the eyeglass level or to the side to not have the flash glare.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Right, avoidance is always the best policy. I was wondering about the hopefully rare case when you blow it on the glasses, but the rest of the picture makes it the keeper if you can fix the glasses.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Sometimes you can soften the glare with some burining or healing brush. I think PSP has a eyeglass repair tool. I haven't used it in a long time.

Only you and the client can decide if the glare is bad/good enough to keep the image. Usually, unless I don't have another photo that is better, don't even show them to the client. They would not make the cut.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2009
    I usually watch out for glasses glare but this one shot my client has her heart set on is the one with glare. Grrrr what are the odds.