Over Haddon

NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited September 2, 2009 in Landscapes
I wanted to keep the colours natural whilst adding a bit of contrast to make it a little more pleasing without losing detail in the darker areas.

636679241_Ze5Ko-L.jpg

Edited to amend the link to the re-worked verson as I wasn't happy with the first one.

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    i love shots like this of the English countryside...such quaint, narrow little roads and unique architecture, and it looks like you could scrape off a side mirror on that building if you cut it close...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Not all English villages have quaint, narrow roads, unfortunately. Some of them have been ripped apart to make room for bypasses, dual carriageways and motorways. That one, however, is within the boundaries of a National Park.

Thanks for the comment, squirl033, I was beginning to think this thread would disappear into oblivion without receiving any replies.
  • IanJIanJ Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Nice shot. Should stop more when I go through villages. Never usually get the chance though unfortunately. Where abouts was this little village?

Ian
    edited September 2, 2009
    IanJ wrote:
    Nice shot. Should stop more when I go through villages. Never usually get the chance though unfortunately. Where abouts was this little village?

Ian

Thanks, Ian, and Over Haddon's approximately two miles or so from Bakewell in Derbyshire.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Nyte wrote:
    Thanks, Ian, and Over Haddon's approximately two miles or so from Bakewell in Derbyshire.

Nice colours. Did you use HDR as there is quite a bit of contrast?
    Regards
    Bob
    edited September 2, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Nice colours. Did you use HDR as there is quite a bit of contrast?
    Regards
    Bob

No, it's been processed but it's a single exposure not HDR. The high contrast look might partly be due to the image being resized for posting here?