Options

FS: D300 for sale- $1,100 incl. shipping in CONUS

sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited November 14, 2009 in Nikon Land
SOLD!!! And happily shooting with a D3s now :)

I have too many bodies and need to get rid of a D300 so I can get an S version to play with video :)

This is a wedding camera used as first as a primary then as a backup, great condition except for a few body scratches. Shutter has 42,162 actuations on it. It comes with anything that came with it including the box.

$1,100, first come, first served. I was going to sell it to friends, but none of them actually came through for me.

Sam

Email works best for me sam(at)samellis.com

Comments

• Options
    edited September 5, 2009
  • Options
    actorlifeactorlife Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    sellis wrote:
    soooo, no takers? Any offers?

I think people want to see pics, warranty status and if youre trustworthy(where have you sold before etc.) Hope this helps.
    Cameras: Fuji S3(SOLD)/Nikon D70s(Make me an offer)/Canon 30D/1DM2/Fuji E550(Similar to S3 colors).
    Lens: Nikon/Tamron/Vivitar/Zeiss/Canon 80-200mm 2.8L/85mm 1.8/55-250 IS/Sigma 30mm 1.4 and (Kenko 1.4(Nikon)For Sale)
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2009
    actorlife wrote:
    I think people want to see pics, warranty status and if youre trustworthy(where have you sold before etc.) Hope this helps.

Thanks actor.
    It is out of factory warranty. I don't sell much, but my ebay account is satellis (mostly my wife). I'll try to post some photos, but my assistant has it. If anyone is interested and would like a photo, let me know and I'll make it happen. It looks JUST LIKE a D300, only it has minor scratches on the bottom thumb.gif

Make me an offer.
  • Options
    Curlykid2Curlykid2 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2009
    Assistant using D300?
    If your assistant has it, is he/she using camera now? Can you show photos of camera please, I'm interested...Smoke free home/office?
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2009
    Curlykid2 wrote:
    If your assistant has it, is he/she using camera now? Can you show photos of camera please, I'm interested...Smoke free home/office?

Actually, I have it back but have been too busy to think about it. I'll take some photos of it as soon as I can and post them.

Non-smokers.
  • Options
    crayzphotographycrayzphotography Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Interested in video? I have a D90+cash if that is a possibility. Just throwing it up there. I love that camera and I wish I never got rid of mineheadscratch.gif

Thanks,
    Josh
    Nikon D90
    Tokina 12-24 4
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Sigma 70-200 2.8 II
    http://jhphotoblog.wordpress.com
    http://www.crayzphotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Still available? I'm interested.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2009
    Revised Listing
    Ok, here's the deal. After posting this, I discovered that there is a slight issue with the camera so I'm detailing the issue and advertising a second D300 for sale.

Camera A: This is the one that was listed originally. It has 46,051 shutter actuations on it. I have noticed a minor issue with it lately. Every once in a while, it seems like it freezes up. It's as if the focus isn't locked so the shutter will not trigger, but the only way to clear it is to turn it off and then on again. I can not repeat the issue at will. I tried resetting the camera to see if that clears it up, but I do not know if it has or not since the issue is so sporadic. The rubber grip started coming undone (persistent problem with Nikon), but I superglued it back on and haven't had a problem with it since. I am planning on sending it to Nikon for repair OR I will take $900 for it as is including shipping. Repaired price will depend on how much it costs to be fixed...if they can isolate the problem since it's so sporadic. I can't say for sure if there are any scratches on it since my associate photographer has it. If I didn't use it for weddings where timing is critical, I wouldn't bother having it fixed at this point. I used it at an event on Thursday and it worked fine. It has firmware version 1.0

SOLD THIS ONE clap.gif Camera B: I think this one is the older of the two. The shutter was replaced because it was damaged while the sensor was being cleaned. The new shutter has 13,557 shutter actuations on it. It was also fully serviced while at Nikon, updated to firmware version 1.02. The camera is in great shape and is treated well. I do not see any scratches on the body, the sensor is clean, the lcds are clean and scratch-free. I will sell this one for $1,100 including shipping.

Also considering best offers. I'm in no rush, but I'd like to sell them by the end of the year to make way for a D3s in time for claiming it on this year's taxes. I just can't justify a D3s, D700, two D300s, a D200, and a D70 ...plus three N90s that are paperweights (unless someone wants to buy them too).

Also, it wouldn't ship until Monday 11/23. I have a wedding on the 21st and still use camera B.