The Peaceable Kingdom

jtangenjtangen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Landscapes
I drive by this spot on the first leg of my commute to work everyday. I shot a sunrise here a year ago last May which was good also and I called it Peaceable Dawn. At first I passed this up, looking at my watch, knowing I'd be late if I stopped to get it. Then I said "what the hey" and turned around. Needless to say, I was late for work:D

5DMK II, Tamron 28-75mm

636257971_DWBzc-XL-3.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Oh my that is gorgeous. You are fortunate to see this sight daily. By the result of this photo it is apparent your late arrival was well worth it!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Amazing photograph !
    Truly peaceful mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Deej6Deej6 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    What an amazing view for a commute. I like all the leading lines and rows here, very nice composition.
    “ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper. – William Albert Allard

Deej6
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Beautiful photo! I love the lines of the vineyards they just carry the eye to the mountains and sunrise and that lovely sky.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    gorgeous light on the vineyard, and wonderful exposure... but do you actually keep a 5D2 in your car when you go to work? eek7.gif
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • MaryBooMaryBoo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    If you have a commute like this, you'd be crazy not to have your camera with you every day :D That is a wonderful shot.
  • jtangenjtangen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    gorgeous light on the vineyard, and wonderful exposure... but do you actually keep a 5D2 in your car when you go to work? eek7.gif

Thanks Rocky. Yes I have my camera with me all the time. Can't write off the car without itmwink.gif
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Wow, incredible. Is that straight out of the camera, or did you do some post-processing?
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
  • jtangenjtangen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    canghuixu wrote:
    Wow, incredible. Is that straight out of the camera, or did you do some post-processing?

Thank you. I WISH this was straight out of the camera. It is a combo of 3 exposures blended with Layer Masks.
  • bhoglebhogle Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    jtangen wrote:
    Thank you. I WISH this was straight out of the camera. It is a combo of 3 exposures blended with Layer Masks.

nice job with that blending...tedious huh? but you got good results without a flat look. Good work!