Options

Clicking on Stats entry goes to start of Journal

ghammaghamma Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 2, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I've changed several of my galleries to the new journal style, because they make such a fine presentation in the larger format. I watch the stats to see what images are receiving attention. When I click on an entry in the stats for an image in a gallery presented in journal style, the next display is not of that image but of the first in the gallery (unlike the action with SmugMug style).

Can the action of clicking on a stats entry in a gallery be adjusted so you reach the corresponding image in the gallery?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    ghamma wrote:
    I've changed several of my galleries to the new journal style, because they make such a fine presentation in the larger format. I watch the stats to see what images are receiving attention. When I click on an entry in the stats for an image in a gallery presented in journal style, the next display is not of that image but of the first in the gallery (unlike the action with SmugMug style).

Can the action of clicking on a stats entry in a gallery be adjusted so you reach the corresponding image in the gallery?
    Are you asking about Smugmug stats or something external like StatCounter/Google Analytics?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2009
    I'm asking about SmugMug stats. With SmugMug style, for example, clicking on a thumbnail in the SmugMug stats within a gallery takes you to that image. If Journal style is in effect (selected in the Customize Gallery), clicking on a thumbnail within the SmugMug stats takes you to the first image in the journal-style gallery, not the one selected.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    ghamma wrote:
    I'm asking about SmugMug stats. With SmugMug style, for example, clicking on a thumbnail in the SmugMug stats within a gallery takes you to that image. If Journal style is in effect (selected in the Customize Gallery), clicking on a thumbnail within the SmugMug stats takes you to the first image in the journal-style gallery, not the one selected.
    Since there are multiple images displayed in Journal style, what you are expecting it to do?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Since there are multiple images displayed in Journal style, what you are expecting it to do?

A sample gallery is
    http://hammanet.smugmug.com/Travel/Tour-of-Great-Britain/3522569_Pww8x
    which on this computer is displaying as 97 pages in the new journal style. I was hoping that, when I select a thumbnail among those in the stats display for this gallery, I'd be taken to the appropriate page that includes the image on which I clicked. Beyond that, it would be nice if it indexed the journal display to the image that matches the thumbnail.

It's not obvious from the presentation what the differences are to the SmugMug system for making such an individual image selection between the SmugMug style and the new journal style.

And, by the way, thanks for your response to this inquiry.