637487559_enCQF-XL.jpg

C&C welcome as always...
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Not a huge fan of the pool ones, through the little ripples in the water of the first create a nice echo of olympic rings. The second one is wonderful, and the juxtoposition of the mid-page head line on gang violence and this tranquil moment just adds to it. Had to laugh on the final one. The symmetry and the certain irony of her dress, the wildly pastoral setting, the empty bench, and talking on the cell phone.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Not a huge fan of the pool ones, through the little ripples in the water of the first create a nice echo of olympic rings. The second one is wonderful, and the juxtoposition of the mid-page head line on gang violence and this tranquil moment just adds to it. Had to laugh on the final one. The symmetry and the certain irony of her dress, the wildly pastoral setting, the empty bench, and talking on the cell phone.

Thanks. Swimming ones are...swimming ones. rolleyes1.gif Swimmer happens to be Gary Hall, Olympic Gold Medalist. But as I would tell you, that doesn't make the images any more than they are.

But the cell phone shot is one of my all time favorites. To me what makes it is the juxtaposition of the young woman chattering on the cell phone with her back turned on a natural view to end all views - that happens to be the Hudson River, with West Point on the left.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    My favorite is the second one. Beautiful back light.

Tina

www.tinamanley.com
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    On the thrid one, I think the image would have been improved if you were down at the pool level or slightly up so you saw him more head-on. I think my issue is the angle (or just my issues).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    On the thrid one, I think the image would have been improved if you were down at the pool level or slightly up so you saw him more head-on. I think my issue is the angle (or just my issues).

I think you're right - down at pool level - or at least right above the water, would have been better, though I like this. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    that last shot is so pregnant. I love it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com