I just ruined christmas!

the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Hey everyone
So, as the title says, I just ruined christmas. The doorbell rang, and I answered it. It was the mailman with a huge box. I brought it in and my wife asked who it was for. I looked and it said the name of my favorite camera shop. Then I saw that the package was ripped and saw what it was.

A brand new shiny Canon Pixma pro 9500 printer. oops, I was not supposed to see that. That was her big gift to me for christmas and the surprise was just totally ruined!

So, I get an early gift this year, I am very happy and fortunate :)

On that note, is there anything I need to know about this printer and setting it up so I get the best prints? I am pretty sure a monitor calibration kit is going to be needed. Any other tips??

Thanks everyone!
--Craig...
shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
Sign the guestbook :)!!

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    wonderful printer, you will need to download profiles for whatever paper you plan on using to get the best results... however when I would shoot sports or people in camera Jpeg and also just used canons software to print I was usually happy.

shooting landscapes in Raw, then processing for print was a different story... eventually I got the hang of it...

calibration is very tricky and learning how to adjust colors for print is also a learning curve.
    Aaron Nelson
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    Congrats! clap.gif For somebody, Xmas simply comes early! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    thanks!
    aaronnelson: landscapes are what I would be printing mostly. I do shoot raw as well, what are some tips?? maybe a resourceful website or something?

I wont have it set up for awhile, the thing is huge and I need to clean off my desk :)

Now playing: Calibre - South Self via FoxyTunes
    --Craig...
    shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
    Sign the guestbook :)!!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Whooo, relief, I thought you were going to post that you lost some priceless holiday images !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700