michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Street and Documentary
633525769_ULp2y-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    [QUOTE=michswiss[/QUOTE]

Wish, wish, wish pof had been on them. But then...It's a terrific shot anyway. A bit spooky, and very father-daughter. Nice! clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Wish, wish, wish pof had been on them. But then...It's a terrific shot anyway. A bit spooky, and very father-daughter. Nice! clap.gif

Thanks BD. I think it's funny that even in my old pictures and in a completely different part if the world I somehow end up with Chinese in the frame. Part of the reason I posted this image was in response to a recent image by marikris where she asked about a street shot that included family and friends. I am related to the father / daughter pair and it's fun to go "street" with someone you know.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Thanks BD. I think it's funny that even in my old pictures and in a completely different part if the world I somehow end up with Chinese in the frame. Part of the reason I posted this image was in response to a recent image by marikris where she asked about a street shot that included family and friends. I am related to the father / daughter pair and it's fun to go "street" with someone you know.

I indeed noticed the Chinese restaurant, and the fact that your camera couldn't help focusing on it. rolleyes1.gif On a similar note, when I was in Somalia I found, wrote about, and photographed, an incident in which a patient was taken from a French army field hospital back to his village where all his tubes were pulled and he was allowed to die. Back on Long Island there was much joking in the newsroom about the fact that I managed to go to one of the poorest corners of one of the most technologically, economically, governmentally backward spots on earth and still find a story about "pulling the plug" - a topic I had written reams about over the years. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed