Third for departure

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I've started keeping my camera at hand in the plane. Got this one one day taxiing for takeoff in Beijing.
630881104_CKyyT-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Nice image and good capture at getting right behind the jet. The orthogonal orientations are very cool. I'm surprised that no one gave you any issues for using 'electronic equipement' during taxi/take-off. Next trip I'll have to be more bold....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice image and good capture at getting right behind the jet. The orthogonal orientations are very cool. I'm surprised that no one gave you any issues for using 'electronic equipement' during taxi/take-off. Next trip I'll have to be more bold....

Thanks for using the word orthogonal. :D I've been fairly surreptitious with the camera, but reality is no one cares. I've captured a bunch of clunkers, but I've also managed to capture one of my absolute favourites and one I think will be a classic of Shanghai at some stage. I've posted it in the current cityscapes mini-challenge. It doesn't translate well on the internet, but it is subtle and profound when printed.

It's an odd week if I'm not on a plane at least a couple of times. Here's another I took on landing in Beijing at night. That's the entrance to Terminal 3 which opened just before the 2008 Olympics. No PP. I had a window seat... rolleyes1.gif
    633524598_2wzAT-L.jpg
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Looks like a space-craft....
    I haven't flown for work in 7 years -- hoping to continue that streak.:D
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I don't fly -- afraid to fly, but you can get some good photos from a plane window.

My favorite is your second one thumb.gif